Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP in it's present format needs to be shelved due to covid. I don't think we will see it brought back in for 3/4 years and by that stage one of the big boys will likely have challenged it again in the courts. The system is flawed and already reeling from the City affair.
City challenged the FIFA rule. There is also the Premier League rule that we have fallen significantly foul of.

Squad is stronger and we’ve not spent a penny. I’d much rather get players for free who can bolster the squad and use the funds on genuine first teamers than do what w shave even doing and spending huge sums on players who warm the bench most weeks.

I remember the Championship shouts from the summer we signed Cahill and Marcus Bent, who both did very well for us, especially considering the fees. Have we been linked to Gray. I'll be honest, I don't think Townsend and Gray are any worse than Iwobi, but probably available at 20% of the cost (combined). It's quite low risk recruitment really.

He is mate, Bernard is very, very, very bad.

Townsend is just bad.

Tony Fernades.

No he isn’t, he’s just small and there’s an inherent bias again short players. Bernard is a technically good player, but his lack of physicality makes him an average Premier League player.

Andros Townsend is just rubbish.

The strategy of buying cheap, washed up players will result in our attaining a finishing position somewhere between 12th and 8th. If we went out and bought all the world’s big football stars, we would finish the season somewhere between 12th and 8th.
Everton that

HeI’ll be in less than half of Walcott’s wage and won’t cost £20 million +.

I don’t mind him at all as an experienced, home grown, squad player on a reasonable wage.

That was our big mistake with Walcott as well. Had we paid him say 60k p/w and got him on a free, he'd have probably been viewed very differently here.

Under Smith and early Moyes we made a lot of these "types" of signings who did a good job for us. Weir, Stubbs, Campbell, Carsley, Bent, Cahill, Pembridge, PIstone, Steve Watson etc. They never let anyone down.

I remember the Championship shouts from the summer we signed Cahill and Marcus Bent, who both did very well for us, especially considering the fees. Have we been linked to Gray. I'll be honest, I don't think Townsend and Gray are any worse than Iwobi, but probably available at 20% of the cost (combined). It's quite low risk recruitment really.
You have no idea about football at all do you mate. Townsend is utter gash and yes it is risky because it devalues the group.

No he isn’t, he’s just small and there’s an inherent bias again short players. Bernard is a technically good player, but his lack of physicality makes him an average Premier League player.

Andros Townsend is just rubbish.
Well I aint spending my Sunday defending the club signing Townsend, for me Bernie is a garbo, so is Townsend, if given the choice, I would take neither.

The strategy of buying cheap, washed up players will result in our attaining a finishing position somewhere between 12th and 8th. If we went out and bought all the world’s big football stars, we would finish the season somewhere between 12th and 8th.
Everton that
Because we have no vision or identify or haven't had one and it changes in eighteen months with a new manager anyway. Brands is failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.