Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to imagine that we won't lose at least one of our better players this summer. My concern is that it will be James and we won't see much if a fee, so there'll be nothing to reinvest. In that scenario we improve depth but reduce quality. Particularly in terms of creativity. I fear we will struggle to score goals next season, neither Townsend or Gray offer much of a goal threat.
James will be gone probably not long after the Florida cup

I know people think FFP is in the mud, but maybe we have been warned that if we take the piss they gonna paddle us.

We shall see, these all look like squad fillers, hopefully we can shift a few and make some decent signings.

Begovic, Gray and Townsend isnt the start we all wanted, but its how we finish thats key.

We still haven't sold anyone either. So if we need to raise funds to make actual signings, then we are in trouble. Brands strategy is just to loan everyone till their contract expires.

There is no point signing average players just because they are cheap or free.

Well our ambitions will be to improve on 59 points, which is normally top 7. If he's that bad, he just won't play.

However we have had James play with Jonjo Kenny last season. In the last 5 years I've watched Martina, Williams, Niasse. I'm old enough to have seen Brett Angel, Claus Thomson, Hottiger, Tony Thomas (to be honest that 98 team was hideous and Gareth Farrelly aside from that goal was awful). I've seen poor players. From the bits I've seen of Townsend he is better than that.

Should we be signing better? Yes Probably. Is he going to decline at 30? Yes probably. I just can't get that worked up though, that Townsend, on a 2 year deal, on probably 40-50k p/w is that bad. Obviously everyone has a different view though.
I'm old enough to have seen them too. They have absolutely zero relevance to us signing Andros Townsend now.

If they stopped signing rubbish players they would lose less money. The squad is horrific and needs an overhaul but signing more poor players makes it totally pointless.

The stadium is priority but stadiums don't win football matches. People are going to switch off from this rubbish very soon. Its getting pretty tedious.
Season tickets sold out as soon as they were available. There is a waiting list for them .
People will give out but very few of the regular match going fan will walk away.. tv rights remain huge . They know this

Signing mediocre/rubbish players is never common sense. It’s why the top clubs don’t do it. Can you imagine Arsenal signing dross like this? Let alone Chelsea etc.
Exactly...that is why we are signing them...we’re not at top club (at the moment)

Signing mediocre/rubbish players is never common sense. It’s why the top clubs don’t do it. Can you imagine Arsenal signing dross like this? Let alone Chelsea etc.
Arsenal gave Willian a 3 year 250k a week deal.

Chelsea are paying Drinkwater 120k a week and never even registered him last season.

Depends what you define as dross but in the past years Eric Maxim Chuopo Moting has signed for Munich and PSG on frees!

No football club has common sense

We still haven't sold anyone either. So if we need to raise funds to make actual signings, then we are in trouble. Brands strategy is just to loan everyone till their contract expires.

There is no point signing average players just because they are cheap or free.
There is some justification if they fill a gap.

We played a large part of last season without a tight back or a right winger. If we had one or both, we would have made Europe.

Arsenal signed Cedric Soares, Chelsea still have Danny Drinkwater on their books and only finally sold Victor Moses a few weeks back after loaning him out forever

Status
Not open for further replies.