Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is that we go out and buy quite a few kids "for the future", most of which look pretty good on paper.
They then disappear into the Youth Academy.
Probably a few years later they perhaps get a short run in the first team due to injuries and look pretty good.
Then they disappear.
They are then suddenly 23 so end up being loaned out "for some experience" and then promptly sold for peanuts a year or two later.

They either were't good enough in the first place and therefore should have been moved on a bit quicker, earlier to give them a better change of a proper career elsewhere, or, their opportunities in the first team are being hampered buy our bloated squad and underachieving players who always still get picked before them.
There is a complete lack of ruthlessness about the club. I don't think it's even the managers. They should accept that not all youth players make it here and not be afraid to release the ones who are not good enough, similarly, it is OK to acknowledge that not all players bought for the first teams are success either. They can be moved on if it is not working for both sides. Yes the insecurity about landing players (hence offering them silly money) plays a part in this, but First Team Constipation is causing problems all the way down the Club.
What i have seemed to notice is there are a lot of the under 23s/18s lads that are all described as 'been at the club since 4' been at the club since 8!
Now i'm not saying ditch these 4 year olds, but it does fit in with the comfortable 'Everton academy'.
You see a lot of our lads struggle when they go out on loan if they lose there place or lose form, because they aren't used to being challenged!
We dont tend to bring many 15/16/17 year olds in to challenge these lads places, and hopefully push them to improve!
Its abit like, ' oh no need to bring him in as we have Charlie in centre mid, he's a good kid, i know his family and he's been here ages'

We have had a ban on buying under 18s for the past 3 years like.
It was a 2 year ban back in 2018 so that's almost a year we haven't had that and only for academy lads.
We could of gone and got anyone we wanted from Ireland, Scotland, the continent!
We could of also kept tabs on anyone (like in the Thierry Small case) about to turn 17 at other clubs and step in with a contract.
We were also aloud to buy or sign anyone from 17 upwards

He might not, but what he will get is 2 clubs with a record of ensuring they put young players in the first team and give them a chance.
2 clubs that have a history of not caring about results at under 23 level for the benefit of the individual.
2 clubs that have a better history and network of clubs willing to loan players and adhere to there demands of playing time

I mean do they put that many players in? In the last 10 years I can think of United putting in Rashford, Mctominay and Greenwood as regulars. Arsenal; Saka, Iwobi maybe Wilshire.
At Everton we have had Barkley and Davies.

If there's loads of others who have played say 50+ league games for their team let me know, but seems pretty even to me.

I think we need to do a lot better with younger players, but the club have already given him a debut and sounds like they want(ed) to integrate him into the 1st team. Strange one really.

I hope the lesson learnt from this though is the importance on giving young players opportunities in your 1st team.

Is he even reputable?

He talks as if he lives inside Finch Farm, and hears all, but not seen anything noteworthy, so far.
Ask him, he comes on here a fair bit, I don't think he tries to be ITK tbf, as someone else said he seems to just report a lot of what is in the foreign press so maybe he is multi lingual or something.

I mean do they put that many players in? In the last 10 years I can think of United putting in Rashford, Mctominay and Greenwood as regulars. Arsenal; Saka, Iwobi maybe Wilshire.

If there's loads of others who have played say 50+ league games for their team let me know, but seems pretty even to me.

I think we need to do a lot better with younger players, but the club have already given him a debut and sounds like they want(ed) to integrate him into the 1st team. Strange one really.

I hope the lesson learnt from this though is the importance on giving young players opportunities in your 1st team.

Arsenal: Willock, Maitland Niles, Saka, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Nelson,Nketiah all around the squad this summer + a highly rated young forward just extended with them.

United: Henderson, Tuanzebe, Williams, McTominay, Lingard, Greenwood, James...also Pogba.

Everton: You could probably say Gordon and Davies but DCL, Holgate, Gordon, Kenny, Virginia and Branthwaite have all had games for us and were all brought through from games in u23s.

If hes seen DCL and Davies then he will know he'll get games.

I think its £££ or he doesnt fancy competing with Digne/Nkoukou.

If you're counting Barkley for us you'd need to count lingard for utd too.
Henderson as well
They also have another couple who will get 1st team minutes next season, shoretire and maybe galbraith.
We won't have any

Status
Not open for further replies.