Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'd rather have Diaz than St Maximin (likely cheaper too. Admittedly this is based solely off of watching the Copa. Tell James/Yerry to phone a friend...

If that were the plan, I honestly wouldn't mind it. Got to get rid of a lot of these players.

But I don't buy the idea they only want to compete once the new stadium is completed. That's easier said than done. You better start laying the foundation now.
Yeah its probably not true, but it makes the most sense. There's also a way to do it which doesn't harm your momentum. For this squad to compete immediately Moshiri will have to agree to another 200M in fees/wages this offseason, and that just seems incredibly dumb. We're still very far away from a Top 6 side. Carlo is a snake, but his dire tactics did help us over perform last season.

Here's what I would do:
21-22 (this offseason): Sell one of DCL/Richy/Kean for 40-50M, Mina or Keane for 20-25M, move on anybody else who we got a decent offer for. Let Siggy, Delph, Bernard, contracts expire if we can't sell them. Coleman gets a one-year extension but only as a role player and leader. Sign a young RB and young CM for a combined 25M. Consolidate and use Rafael's dinosaur tactics to finish safely above the relegation zone.

22-23: Sell Digne and Allan (if they want to go) if we get a big offer and another of the DCL/Richy/Kean crowd, for a combined 100-150M. Re-invest in 4-5 younger players (two attackers, two CMs, and a defender - LB if Digne goes). Finish in the 10-15 range again.

23-24: Move into Bramley Moore with a young squad and a new manager who is in-step with Brands and is committed to the long-term project. The team probably doesn't compete for Europe, but they play exciting soccer and the fanbase rallies around them.

24-On: Continue to invest in young players and create a nucleus that is built to play an exciting way. The future is very bright, wages are under control, and Everton's squad is likable again.

The next two seasons won't be better than the last 10, but this sets you up to have an exciting and likable product when the new stadium opens.

I'm telling y'all, we ain't signing shiz this offseason. Benitez is here to keep us up and collect a paycheck while we complete our squad overhaul. We're going to run it back with the same players along with Gbamin and Kean, maybe we'll make a smaller signing or two. If a large offer comes in for anyone, we're selling.

Benitez only got the job because he's friendly with Farhad and understands the short term plan. He'll be here for two seasons while we run down the contracts of 90% of our dross, and we'll finish in the 10-14 range both seasons. Moshiri and Brands are building to compete at Bramley Moore, not now.

Now I only 51% believe this true, but it really is the only thing that makes sense so far with his appointment and our lack of transfer activity. And if that is really is the plan, I don't hate it. We are LONG overdue for a massive reset.
The problem with that is Richarlison, DCL, Digne ,Doucoure, JR , Pickford, Godfrey will not wait around as the club waits around.
I think there will be sales and signings.

We cannot tread water for two or three seasons and magically morph into a top four team.
Starting now we will be lucky to be there by the time the new ground opens.

The problem with that is Richarlison, DCL, Digne ,Doucoure, JR , Pickford, Godfrey will not wait around as the club waits around.
I think there will be sales and signings.

We cannot tread water for two or three seasons and magically morph into a top four team.
Starting now we will be lucky to be there by the time the new ground opens.
That's why everyone should be for sale at the right price. The project should be bigger than any player.

What you're advocating for is to continue slapping band-aids on the gapping, festering wound that is our squad. Moshiri has been doing this unsuccessfully for five years.

There is a way to do both, to rebuild and be competitive today, but it is very expensive and requires a massive bloated squad. This was my issue with Brands and Carlo working together, and my concern if Rafael is allowed any say in transfers. Moshiri will have to buy two sets of players, one group for the short term, and another for the long term project. Not only is that incredibly inefficient, and very pricey, it relies on a manager getting squad selection just right.

I'd rather avoid that risk, own up to how inadequate we currently are, and hit reset. The fanbase would rally behind if done correctly and transparently.

Yeah its probably not true, but it makes the most sense. There's also a way to do it which doesn't harm your momentum. For this squad to compete immediately Moshiri will have to agree to another 200M in fees/wages this offseason, and that just seems incredibly dumb. We're still very far away from a Top 6 side. Carlo is a snake, but his dire tactics did help us over perform last season.

Here's what I would do:
21-22 (this offseason): Sell one of DCL/Richy/Kean for 40-50M, Mina or Keane for 20-25M, move on anybody else who we got a decent offer for. Let Siggy, Delph, Bernard, contracts expire if we can't sell them. Coleman gets a one-year extension but only as a role player and leader. Sign a young RB and young CM for a combined 25M. Consolidate and use Rafael's dinosaur tactics to finish safely above the relegation zone.

22-23: Sell Digne and Allan (if they want to go) if we get a big offer and another of the DCL/Richy/Kean crowd, for a combined 100-150M. Re-invest in 4-5 younger players (two attackers, two CMs, and a defender - LB if Digne goes). Finish in the 10-15 range again.

23-24: Move into Bramley Moore with a young squad and a new manager who is in-step with Brands and is committed to the long-term project. The team probably doesn't compete for Europe, but they play exciting soccer and the fanbase rallies around them.

24-On: Continue to invest in young players and create a nucleus that is built to play an exciting way. The future is very bright, wages are under control, and Everton's squad is likable again.

The next two seasons won't be better than the last 10, but this sets you up to have an exciting and likable product when the new stadium opens.
You think we overperformed last season? We were in 2nd place at Christmas having played some exciting football and scoring a load of goals.

His dire tactics only started after that and we dropped down to 10th.

We may have overperformed in the first half of the season but we massively underperformed for the 2nd half of the season.

You think we overperformed last season? We were in 2nd place at Christmas having played some exciting football and scoring a load of goals.

His dire tactics only started after that and we dropped down to 10th.

We may have overperformed in the first half of the season but we massively underperformed for the 2nd half of the season.
We were 2nd at Christmas because DCL was on fire and we scored buckets of set piece goals. The league was also out of sorts. Once the rest of the teams settled themselves and our xG (which we still over performed at the end) evened out our true squad colors showed. We were a 10th place team masquerading as a Top 6 side for most of the year. So maybe we didn't over perform, but we certainly were not better than 10th. I'd say we're a better side than Leeds (Bielsa factor) but worse than Villa. Everyone else who finished above us is a better side.

Tosun Naisse and Kone are perfect examples of false 9s
I know youre just taking the piss(well, mostly), but Kone was decent before coming here. If memory serves me right he got 13 goals for Wigan the year they were relegated and 15 for Levante the year before he went to Wigan.

There is a decent chance my memory is not serving me well, as it is an absolute trash fire.

Don't think Aarons is what we need. Last time in the PL, 36 matches played: one assist, no goals.

If he's supposed to be a "wing back", he doesn't contribute to very much scoring.

Far prefer Dumfries.

The flip side of course being that Denzel is completely untested in the English game is more used to playing as a wing back rather than a full back.

Granted, quite frankly at this stage I would be happy with literally any Right-Back under 30 in all of World Football. Insane how we've needed a right back since 2017. The rogues gallery of crap right backs is startling... Cuco, Sidibe, JJK, shoe-horning Holgate, Godfrey, Iwobi or Doucoure.

As if Brian Swan has just turned up in the thread. I remember when he was giving it the biggun about Swansea being better than us. I mean we are crap but look at the state of that lot.

Anyway, get us a top right back Marcel. Aarons or Dumfries would be great.
England didn’t win.

So the Welsh can return and start throwing digs about again.

Damn I forgot the principal rule of GOT, which is not to play FM or FIFA in the transfer threads. I definitely got a little carried away. Oh well, hopefully you enjoy my brilliance.

But don't worry I'm sure Farhad will ignore reason and continue to flush his money down the drain with minimal results. Maybe that will lead to him finally selling and cashing in after BM is finished. Which may be a good result for us, because he's a wildly incompetent at running this club.

Regardless we're not winning jack shiz with Benitez and this side before 23-24.

Status
Not open for further replies.