Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Aarons is what we need. Last time in the PL, 36 matches played: one assist, no goals.

If he's supposed to be a "wing back", he doesn't contribute to very much scoring.

Far prefer Dumfries.
Created plenty of chances last 2 years. Poor finishing screwed his numbers

I'm telling y'all, we ain't signing shiz this offseason. Benitez is here to keep us up and collect a paycheck while we complete our squad overhaul. We're going to run it back with the same players along with Gbamin and Kean, maybe we'll make a smaller signing or two. If a large offer comes in for anyone, we're selling.

Benitez only got the job because he's friendly with Farhad and understands the short term plan. He'll be here for two seasons while we run down the contracts of 90% of our dross, and we'll finish in the 10-14 range both seasons. Moshiri and Brands are building to compete at Bramley Moore, not now.

Now I only 51% believe this true, but it really is the only thing that makes sense so far with his appointment and our lack of transfer activity. And if that is really is the plan, I don't hate it. We are LONG overdue for a massive reset.
ridiculous

I'm telling y'all, we ain't signing shiz this offseason. Benitez is here to keep us up and collect a paycheck while we complete our squad overhaul. We're going to run it back with the same players along with Gbamin and Kean, maybe we'll make a smaller signing or two. If a large offer comes in for anyone, we're selling.

Benitez only got the job because he's friendly with Farhad and understands the short term plan. He'll be here for two seasons while we run down the contracts of 90% of our dross, and we'll finish in the 10-14 range both seasons. Moshiri and Brands are building to compete at Bramley Moore, not now.

Now I only 51% believe this true, but it really is the only thing that makes sense so far with his appointment and our lack of transfer activity. And if that is really is the plan, I don't hate it. We are LONG overdue for a massive reset.
That would be okay if we were looking to actually mix youth into the plan, but I doubt it. We are almost certainly signing players imo. Hopefully the hungry ones with potential and not more that are looking for a paycheck.

Even If all we do is fix the right side, I’d say mission accomplished for now. Hopefully we get a ballin CM too, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Yeah its probably not true, but it makes the most sense. There's also a way to do it which doesn't harm your momentum. For this squad to compete immediately Moshiri will have to agree to another 200M in fees/wages this offseason, and that just seems incredibly dumb. We're still very far away from a Top 6 side. Carlo is a snake, but his dire tactics did help us over perform last season.

Here's what I would do:
21-22 (this offseason): Sell one of DCL/Richy/Kean for 40-50M, Mina or Keane for 20-25M, move on anybody else who we got a decent offer for. Let Siggy, Delph, Bernard, contracts expire if we can't sell them. Coleman gets a one-year extension but only as a role player and leader. Sign a young RB and young CM for a combined 25M. Consolidate and use Rafael's dinosaur tactics to finish safely above the relegation zone.

22-23: Sell Digne and Allan (if they want to go) if we get a big offer and another of the DCL/Richy/Kean crowd, for a combined 100-150M. Re-invest in 4-5 younger players (two attackers, two CMs, and a defender - LB if Digne goes). Finish in the 10-15 range again.

23-24: Move into Bramley Moore with a young squad and a new manager who is in-step with Brands and is committed to the long-term project. The team probably doesn't compete for Europe, but they play exciting soccer and the fanbase rallies around them.

24-On: Continue to invest in young players and create a nucleus that is built to play an exciting way. The future is very bright, wages are under control, and Everton's squad is likable again.

The next two seasons won't be better than the last 10, but this sets you up to have an exciting and likable product when the new stadium opens.
We ain't moving into BMD until 2025, you might want to rethink your transfer strategy a bit.

Puig would be a smashing signing
Koeman does not rate him
He could rotate / learn from James
Emerson, Puig and Moriba from barca as a joblot we should be all over. Moriba still refusing to sign new deal. They just let Alena go for buttons albeit with buyback option to get their wages down i always thought hed have been great to be mentored by Hamez. Instead of looking at big clubs aging players on their way down we should be grabbing their starlets when their clubs are a mess and theyre ready to burst onto scene.

Don't think Aarons is what we need. Last time in the PL, 36 matches played: one assist, no goals.

If he's supposed to be a "wing back", he doesn't contribute to very much scoring.

Far prefer Dumfries.
From what I have seen, Aaron’s is the superior player. I think he ha# a far higher ceiling. Dumfries had a good tournament, but often looks out of control. Aaron’s skill levels look much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.