Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mirror linking us with a £50m move for Allan Saint-Maximin from Newcastle, the article states they want £60m and also mentions us wanting Dumfries, Aarons and Zouma.

I feel like this Allan Saint-Maximin story is something that has been bouncing round on social media because people have just looked at Newcastle and thought "benitez used to manage Newcastle, who would he want to take to Everton?" ignoring the fact that Saint-Maximin joined Newcastle after Benitez left.
I blame Keith on the Allan St Max stories

Its hard to guess what players we are looking at until we know what formation Benitez is going to go with going forward.

If Dumfries signs will it be 352 or if its Aarons will it be 433/4231 etc.

Someone mentioned before we played 433 against Accrington so assuming he sticks with that we are looking at a RB, RW & back up GK at the minimum. If Kean stays thats fine if he goes a back up CF is needed. Would also like another CM with pace and power to replace Allan as him and James are just too slow to have together in the midfield 3. Ideally Doucoure, a Gana type behind James with Allan a rotation option would make more sense.

Think if we bring in a CB it will mean Mina is off as Holgate looks happy as a squad player and dont think we'll boot Keane.

Would like to see Mina & Godfrey as a partnership going forward tbh.
It will be 4-2-3-1, (as such is flexible). But will change when defending & attacking.

Below are ideal but- (Should be possible)
One tough tackling/commanding, one ball playing CB
Attacking Full backs who can track back & defend.
DM -who can tackle/win back possession & protect the back 4 as bare minimum
CM - A playmaker or box-box midfielder, capable of dictating play.
Alternatives - two CM's who can share these qualities.
AM - license to roam.
Wingers with pace & ability to cross and also willing to track back and defend.
Hard working striker, who can help out a bit with tracking back.

The formation changes when there are injuries or when facing certain opponents. . But the strength lies is that the defensive organization the team will be well organized and difficult to break down irrespective of the personnel.

It is normal for Rafael to secure defenders & midfielders first before going for a attacking player in the transfer market.

4-3-3 is employed against weaker opponents & 5-4-1 against strong opposition or at a critical time to defend the lead (expect it to be sparingly used)

Interesting that. We have had a number of occasions at Palace where the best individual CB was kept out by lesser individuals because together the lesser players made far and away the best pair.
I often wonder if and how that is considered (what sort of pair?) when purchasing a CB. I think it’s probably the most important thing.
CBs is all about 2 players who compliment each other’s game
Both need to have different qualities

I think now would be a better time to sign barbosa. He stunk the place out at inter and benfica?? Perfect example of a kid moving to soon. Found his mojo again hes older, wiser and been prolific with Flamenco. Would love Emerson hes the new Dani Alves /Cafu.(id have him well ahead of Aaron's) Antony i havent seen is he similar to what malcom was like. i always thought malcom was going to be a worldie. I think hes still parked up in Russia. Barca would sell Emerson 20/25m bargain, wed be set for the next 10yrs at rb.would love Puig too from them 40/50m the pair.
Puig would be a smashing signing
Koeman does not rate him
He could rotate / learn from James

has Marcel clocked in yet today
86EB102E-741C-4C65-BB7F-E7BD0D33EB01.jpeg
Gone to get a bit of sun for a few days mate.

The mirror linking us with a £50m move for Allan Saint-Maximin from Newcastle, the article states they want £60m and also mentions us wanting Dumfries, Aarons and Zouma.

I feel like this Allan Saint-Maximin story is something that has been bouncing round on social media because people have just looked at Newcastle and thought "benitez used to manage Newcastle, who would he want to take to Everton?" ignoring the fact that Saint-Maximin joined Newcastle after Benitez left.
I wouldn't mind saint maximin for around £35m but 50 is too much. Didn't think much of him after his first season at newcastle as didn't seem to have much end product, but seems to have improved a bit (I know he only scored 3 and assisted 4 last season but Newcastle aren't exactly a free scoring team) and he works hard defensively as well. I wouldn't see him as a replacement for richie though, I'd see him as a replacement for iwobi on the right hand side. (He is viewed as a LW but he has played nearly as many games on the RW according to transfermarkt). Only 24 still, issue is his contract at newcastle is until 2026 which bumps the price.

I wouldn't mind saint maximin for around £35m but 50 is too much. Didn't think much of him after his first season at newcastle as didn't seem to have much end product, but seems to have improved a bit (I know he only scored 3 and assisted 4 last season but Newcastle aren't exactly a free scoring team) and he works hard defensively as well. I wouldn't see him as a replacement for richie though, I'd see him as a replacement for iwobi on the right hand side. (He is viewed as a LW but he has played nearly as many games on the RW according to transfermarkt). Only 24 still, issue is his contract at newcastle is until 2026 which bumps the price.
If you wouldn't pay it for Adama Traore you shouldn't pay it for Saint-Maximin

If you wouldn't pay it for Adama Traore you shouldn't pay it for Saint-Maximin
I haven't watched much of traore. I've watched quite a bit of Newcastle the last 2 seasons as I live in Newcastle. So I wouldn't comment on how much traore is worth but from what I've seen, and the amounts players seem to go for, £35m as a top end for ASM seems OK.

Don't think Aarons is what we need. Last time in the PL, 36 matches played: one assist, no goals.

If he's supposed to be a "wing back", he doesn't contribute to very much scoring.

Far prefer Dumfries.

I haven't watched much of traore. I've watched quite a bit of Newcastle the last 2 seasons as I live in Newcastle. So I wouldn't comment on how much traore is worth but from what I've seen, and the amounts players seem to go for, £35m as a top end for ASM seems OK.
He's a dribbler who offers absolutely nothing else. And while we do need a bit of pace and dribbling ability it would really be preferable to find someone who adds at least one other skill. Especially if we're paying 35m. Actually for 35m we should be signing Doku and hoping he can develop other skills which is more likely than Saint-Maximin doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.