Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overhyping? I don't know about that. I like him a lot but I'd still be hesitant at the prices Norwich is asking.
The problem is where do you play him?
as one of the front 3, he doesn’t fit the right profile IMO. Power & pace and it’s a gamble that he would score enough goals. We already have Bernard & iwobi that don’t score.

Or do you play him in the 10 role? And have siggurdsson & James on the bench earning 300k a week. To many gambles IMO.

We need to get this attacking player right this summer, because he’s going to cost a lot of money

The problem is where do you play him?
as one of the front 3, he doesn’t fit the right profile IMO. Power & pace and it’s a gamble that he would score enough goals. We already have Bernard & iwobi that don’t score.

Or do you play him in the 10 role? And have siggurdsson & James on the bench earning 300k a week. To many gambles IMO.

We need to get this attacking player right this summer, because he’s going to cost a lot of money
Sigurdsson is not a player you worry about when making signings. Do we need proper backup for James and ultimately a replacement for him? I feel like the answer is obviously yes.

But this is also premature. We need good players regardless of position. If they're good and the price is right than we can use them. Our squad is thin.

The he doesn't score thing will turn out to be a misjudgment.

Sigurdsson is not a player you worry about when making signings. Do we need proper backup for James and ultimately a replacement for him? I feel like the answer is obviously yes.

But this is also premature. We need good players regardless of position. If they're good and the price is right than we can use them. Our squad is thin.

I do think there's a legitimate question to ask what a back up James even looks like. He's a bit of a one off. Maybe Isco?

I do think there's a legitimate question to ask what a back up James even looks like. He's a bit of a one off. Maybe Isco?
Genuinely Buendia makes a lot of sense haha. He's best as a right sided playmaker drifting around but can also probably play behind the striker. And he also is equally adept at moving the ball forward in the middle third and having an effect in the attacking one.

I'd swerve Isco. I think he was a bit overrated even at his peak and that is in the rear view now.

Genuinely Buendia makes a lot of sense haha. He's best as a right sided playmaker drifting around but can also probably play behind the striker. And he also is equally adept at moving the ball forward in the middle third and having an effect in the attacking one.

I'd swerve Isco. I think he was a bit overrated even at his peak and that is in the rear view now.

He's probably a good shout, but I'm not sure we are paying the sort of money Buendia costs for a back up. It's a hard option. I think James will be viewed as a floater and a bonus, and pressure will be applied to Iwobi to make the right flank is own.

He's probably a good shout, but I'm not sure we are paying the sort of money Buendia costs for a back up. It's a hard option. I think James will be viewed as a floater and a bonus, and pressure will be applied to Iwobi to make the right flank is own.
I highly doubt Iwobi ever functions as a right winger if we're asking him to hold the width and try to attack toward the end line. It just isn't what he's good for.

I'm also not sure Buendia and James would work at the same time so it may be a case of right player wrong time. I'm not sure who the right player is though to play at the same time. I look at someone like Sarr and am intrigued but I worry he's got the same weaknesses as Richarlison so is also a bad fit.

It’s impossible to tell if it’s a
misjudgment. Going off his only season in the premier league. it’s a big question Mark against him. Let Arsenal pay big money for him. If
He’s so good why wasn’t he snapped up last summer.

And again you’re saying spend 40mil on a back up, he’s 26 ant the end of This year, he’s not 21.
yes we need a bigger and
Better squad. But much more value out their for a james back up.

I highly doubt Iwobi ever functions as a right winger if we're asking him to hold the width and try to attack toward the end line. It just isn't what he's good for.

I'm also not sure Buendia and James would work at the same time so it may be a case of right player wrong time. I'm not sure who the right player is though to play at the same time. I look at someone like Sarr and am intrigued but I worry he's got the same weaknesses as Richarlison so is also a bad fit.

Yes all fair. I just don't think we look to buy a backup for James. We enjoy him for what he is, a bit of a maverick, but probably build the rest of the team around him, also being able to play without him, which is the best of both worlds.

There's a world where Buendia makes sense, but as you say I'm not sure you get away with both in an 11, whereas with Iwobi I think you can.

It’s impossible to tell if it’s a
misjudgment. Going off his only season in the premier league. it’s a big question Mark against him. Let Arsenal pay big money for him. If
He’s so good why wasn’t he snapped up last summer.

And again you’re saying spend 40mil on a back up, he’s 26 ant the end of This year, he’s not 21.
yes we need a bigger and
Better squad. But much more value out their for a james back up.
It won't be impossible. He's going to be back in the league next season.

I've got him as 25 at the end of the year. He's not young but he's also good now. I'm not saying sign a 25 year old and hope they get better. He's nice now.

Yes all fair. I just don't think we look to buy a backup for James. We enjoy him for what he is, a bit of a maverick, but probably build the rest of the team around him, also being able to play without him, which is the best of both worlds.

There's a world where Buendia makes sense, but as you say I'm not sure you get away with both in an 11, whereas with Iwobi I think you can.
The issue with not getting a backup if sorts is that James is not playing 38 games so you have to have another way of going about it. I'm not a huge fan of that. I like continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.