Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll leave it at this, we started this window knowing that we were handcuffed with spending, we offered Jonjoe Kenny a new deal because we thought we’d struggle with numbers in our squad and we knew we’d be selling AT LEAST one of our best players.

Fast forward to now there are actually people moaning that we couldn’t bring in a 9th signing, a third forward player, after completely revamping the first 11 and squad with quality, experience, leadership and young promising talent, all the while only having to sell Richarlison to do it and getting rid of probably £600k+ per week of pure non contributing deadwood of toxic, crocked players.

A bit of perspective could go a long way for some on here to see how we started this window to where we are now.

Great point.

Honestly I thought we weren't going to sign anyone bar maybe another keeper. I've been spoilt. Or is it Stockholm Syndrome?

Anyway, let's get this right - our midfield has been an absolute SHAMBLES for too many seasons. It now finally looks like we have a good foundation.
Fair play to Frank & Kev.

Mate, Everton 1 is going to be a good scoreline for us. ALL of our games are going to be as described. Either that or us getting beat.
Nah, we'll pick up two here and there, and we'll get blanked here and there. We'll need 10 or so clean sheets, plus the odd 2-1 win, to stay up. Is what it is.

Some seem to have forgotten that some players do come back from injury and then stay fit. Obviously another attacker would have been nice but we’ve been sensible for once and not overspent just to add a body.

If DCL comes back and stays fit for the majority of the season we will be absolutely fine. He might not, who knows? But let’s not completely wet the bed before we know what’s happening.

Some seem to have forgotten that some players do come back from injury and then stay fit. Obviously another attacker would have been nice but we’ve been sensible for once and not overspent just to add a body.

If Dominic Calvert-Lewin comes back and stays fit for the majority of the season we will be absolutely fine. He might not, who knows? But let’s not completely wet the bed before we know what’s happening.
Big gamble, but that's where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.