Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should just play with a completely fluid front 5, all just constantly rotating like when you're playing 6 a side. Completely redefining what's a midfielder or striker. Oppos defence wouldn't know who they're picking up. Bamboozled. Total football.

It feels like they have a plan for the first time in awhile. Small outlays on the older players that fill the squad out, spend the money on younger players you can try to build around. Lots of work to do but for the first time in awhile I do have some faith in the path we're on.

Of course the other side is we still remain one of the worst teams in the division and badly need to sort it out enough to stay up. We can do that though I think and hopefully push on from there.
Tend to agree with you.

There's depth at LB, CB and at CM now, which is great. And we have very experienced, dominant leaders in key positions in Coady, Tarkowski and Gana. I'd include Mina in that group too if he was ever fit. I feel we lack depth at RB and RW, but that can be partially overcome by tweaking formation. Lots of youth and physicality in the squad now too, all across the back 4 and midfield.

I reckon we should be good for about 12th, provided Dom stays fit. And that is a huge improvement on last season's debacle. Next summer we lose more dead wood, the accounts get healthier and we reinforce the forward line: push for top 8 and maybe a cup.

Having a strong midfield will always gives us a chance in games to maintain or change games , especially with the 5 sub rule. Allan doesn't have the legs for 90 but good option for cup games and an experienced player to see out final 20-30minutes of league games.

Maybe - depends if his improvement carries into more attacking roles too

If not, we have a lot of players completing for midfield slots: Iwobi, Garner, Gana, Onana, Doucoure, Allan, Davies

A lot is going to hinge on Dominic Calvert-Lewin and how we play if he’s not available
Allan is firmly out of the picture, we're well aware that Davies isn't good enough and Doucoure has been poor this season. Garner might not be ready. If we ever intend to play 4-3-3 we don't need to move him.

Alli out on loan.
Gomes out on loan.
gotta say thats been some goin. Ronners in final 10 months also. the sands of time can be held by none, the sea change is here.
Where else has transfer windows that are open a few more days? Qatar or Turkiye or wherever??

I'm reasonably happy with that window.

Nice balance to the midfield and added grit and depth, proven PL CB options, a proven PL striker. We added a winger in McNeil

Didn't lose any of our better players aside from Richarlison who funded a squad overhaul. I think we did well to keep Gordon.

Another striker would have been helpful but Garner and Onana will hopefully be our starting CM for the next few years.

I'd rather we didn't panic and buy players for the sake of buying players. If we haven't got the right fit, walk away, regroup and look towards January.

Having a strong midfield will always gives us a chance in games to maintain or change games , especially with the 5 sub rule. Allan doesn't have the legs for 90 but good option for cup games and an experienced player to see out file 20-30minutes.
Yep. Garner, Allan and Doucoure coming off the bench with 25 minutes to go will definitely tip some games in our favour this season, because our new midfield trio of Gana, Onana and Iwobi will wear a lot of teams down.

Additionally we won't have to see our defence suddenly face waves of attacks in the last fifteen minutes of every game!

Status
Not open for further replies.