Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Garner, Allan and Doucoure coming off the bench with 25 minutes to go will definitely tip some games in our favour this season, because our new midfield trio of Gana, Onana and Iwobi will wear a lot of teams down.

Additionally we won't have to see our defence suddenly face waves of attacks in the last fifteen minutes of every game!
If we don't spend the second half of games hunkered down clinging to a 1-0 lead, it's a massive plus.

The problem is as we've seen in the first few games, is that we need someone who can scare opposition defenders into staying back. The RS success, had entirely been built on the opposition being scared of committing forwards, so they can put more pressure on the opposition. I remember watching us, under Allardyce against Chelsea and it was the same thing, Chelsea, just peppered us with crosses, however because they had no Costa they didn't score that day. Even Moyes understood you need a striker as Brentford proved with Toney, if you have a decent striker you can get through bad patches. to think when we had far less money, we had a lot more options under Martinez, he signed Eto, when we already had Lukaku. The stubborn refusal to replace Lukaku, yet we sign players in positions aren't really an issue. we've signed Onana, Garner and Gueye, maybe they have got someone last minute and it's still going through, but I think we need at 15 goal a season player, or we'll struggle.

Tend to agree with you.

There's depth at LB, CB and at CM now, which is great. And we have very experienced, dominant leaders in key positions in Coady, Tarkowski and Gana. I'd include Mina in that group too if he was ever fit. I feel we lack depth at RB and RW, but that can be partially overcome by tweaking formation. Lots of youth and physicality in the squad now too, all across the back 4 and midfield.

I reckon we should be good for about 12th, provided Dom stays fit. And that is a huge improvement on last season's debacle. Next summer we lose more dead wood, the accounts get healthier and we reinforce the forward line: push for top 8 and maybe a cup.
12th is a big jump. Only Bournemouth is definitely worse than us. I am a buyer on Leicester and Wolves downturns, I don't believe in Forest yet, Saints aren't great but I also can see a world where we're below all of them. 17th for me is great, have another strong summer next year and we can aim higher.

Alli out on loan.
Gomes out on loan.
gotta say thats been some goin. Ronners in final 10 months also. the sands of time can be held by none, the sea change is here.
Where else has transfer windows that are open a few more days? Qatar or Turkiye or wherever??
We have to keep Rondon. He's utterly terrible but with DCL out injured, we're a Maupay injury away from McNeil up front again. That's how thin we are up front.

I’ll leave it at this, we started this window knowing that we were handcuffed with spending, we offered Jonjoe Kenny a new deal because we thought we’d struggle with numbers in our squad and we knew we’d be selling AT LEAST one of our best players.

Fast forward to now there are actually people moaning that we couldn’t bring in a 9th signing, a third forward player, after completely revamping the first 11 and squad with quality, experience, leadership and young promising talent, all the while only having to sell Richarlison to do it and getting rid of probably £600k+ per week of pure non contributing deadwood of toxic, crocked players.

A bit of perspective could go a long way for some on here to see how we started this window to where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.