Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We should definitely have brought in a top striker that wasn't available who would have been happy to play second fiddle to Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
We should have either taken the £20m for McNeil and the £12m for Maupay and put it ALL towards a more established striker, like Dembele at Lyon, Terrier at Rennes or Watkins from Villa; OR we should have gone cheaper and younger than Maupay, someone like Terrem Moffi from Lorient for 37m or £8m with scope to improve because of his age. Maupay is 26 and has peaked at Brighton. He won't score more with us than he did for Potter

Too many people have decided that the yardstick for "success" in Maupay's case is simply being better than Rondon.

We should have either taken the £20m for McNeil and the £12m for Maupay and put it ALL towards a more established striker, like Dembele at Lyon, Terrier at Rennes or Watkins from Villa; OR we should have gone cheaper and younger than Maupay, someone like Terrem Moffi from Lorient for 37m or £8m with scope to improve because of his age. Maupay is 26 and has peaked at Brighton. He won't score more with us than he did for Potter

Too many people have decided that the yardstick for "success" in Maupay's case is simply being better than Rondon.
That's exactly how it works.

You should have emailed the club

What’s the bigger picture? If we don’t start getting results we’re in a relegation battle again? Or worse the championship. Also we could of been embarrassed by Brentford we’ve been out possessed in every game so far we can’t allow other teams to have the ball for such long passages of play constantly inviting pressure on ourselves. Decent window but they all need to hit the ground running and need results or Lampard gets the bullet and we’re right back in the same position new manager and not his players.
Look if we’re still struggling in January I might agree with you but I don’t see that being the case at all. As for possession that always happens away from home, against Forest it was effectively 50/50 and Chelsea are Chelsea.

We could’ve been embarrassed by Brentford, same for Forest and Leeds, that’s true but you can’t say that without also saying that we took the lead in 2 of those games and should’ve held on and we fought back for what was a hard earned point against Forest who had beaten West Ham the week before and were still buzzing.

I don’t think Lampard will get the sack unless something badly goes wrong, I also don’t lay too much blame with him so far because this is what he’s had to work with. Think he’s got a good squad at his disposal now and is pretty well equipped to have a decent season.

Status
Not open for further replies.