Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its making the mcneil signing look much worse this, they simply had to get another couple of attacking options in. We are in deep deep trouble now with lack of goals. Dominic Calvert-Lewin WILL get injured again and Maupay isn't very good. Seems like all of our focus has been on midfield and forwards an after thought. Should never have left this so late.

no but we have, haven’t we?
unless some thing happens

It's been an excellent summer bar the loss of Richarlison (inevitable).

Solid signings, retained Gordon (and Dominic Calvert-Lewin, probably down to injury), brought in solid defenders. Only 4-5 of last seasons Benitez team starting (Gray, Gordon, Pickford, Iwobi, Dominic Calvert-Lewin)

Nothing wrong with Onana, Gueye and the new defenders, Everyone happy with Patterson, Myko, Holgate improved. Very little outlay in monetary terms and some good accounting profit on Richo.

Lots of wages saved with Tosun, Delph, Sigurdsson gone, Gomes likely to go, Gbamin, Alli and Kean not around. Several younger players getting experience.

There's cohesion in the side now - no wasters. All pulling together.
I agree but unless we get a forward in with some quality to get goals, then ultimately it's been an average window. How many goals can you see us getting from the multiple signings we have made? Maupay may get a few but he won't replace the quality we are missing up front. DCL will struggle for fitness for a while yet.

Inappropriate Language
As I said this morning, stunk of gana and garner only. Pure blag bids for all kinds of random [Poor language removed], then we can be spoon fed the “we never stopped trying” spiel.

I agree but unless we get a forward in with some quality to get goals, then ultimately it's been an average window. How many goals can you see us getting from the multiple signings we have made? Maupay may get a few but he won't replace the quality we are missing up front. Dominic Calvert-Lewin will struggle for fitness for a while yet.

Agree we need something

Status
Not open for further replies.