Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find interesting is how some of yous welcomed coady (a massive kopite) into the club with open arms despite his massive hatred towards everton in the past including over celebrating wolves win against us last season in a game that could have sent us down.

Whereas Barkley an Evertonian through the youth system is given a really hard time and some don't want him back on the back of a decision he was probably advised to make by his agent.

Why do some of you act like Coady is the homecoming and Barkley is a villain? Genuine question.
Coady proved his level of professionalism in his first interview, Barkley will get gettin sparked out in Black Rabbit after a week

I'd love to be surprised, but this window has all the hallmarks of a "couldn't quite get it over the line" classic. Three days to do a massive amount of business. It's just not going to happen is it.
It has to happen or we probably won't survive so I'm betting it will happen.

I'm almost sure that's one that's gonna happen mate
Not that I have any knowledge of anything of the sort, however I doubt this one will happen, Ajax have sold Anthony to utd, they don't need to the money and don't want to lose Kudus.

Think it's more likely that we go for gana on a free, Barkley on a free and throw money at the psv lad using the connections to brands

Then if Chelsea sign aubameyang I think we will get broja on loan. If not we will sign Diaz with a low upfront fee as he wants out of Blackburn...

Again I know sweet FA just my feeling

Should be both for sure. We saw this need at the weekend. Different profiles but both fill a big need, which is making us more solid in front of the defense and allow Iwobi, Onana and Doucoure to push forward and hopefully play with three in the middle. Opposite ends of the age spectrum and should be around ~15m in transfer fees. Time to beef up.
Also Gana is very much a stop gap solution, he'll be very good for a year or two but we're much better off bringing in someone like Garner now so that he's ready to fully replace Gana in a year or two when settled into the club, instead of panicking in a window and trying to bring in a replacement then. Also Allan and Doucoure are guaranteed to be gone next year, maybe even Tom Davies too. Garner is an absolute must at the minute, along with Gana.

Barkley no thanks. I can’t forget what he did to my beloved club. And he won’t improve us anyway. A player going downhill like Dele.

He worked hard from a young age and became a first team player for our club scoring numerous goals.

This here is the problem for us.

The bitterness and hatred towards former players and managers.

We need to back down on the hatred and maybe the world will treat us a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.