Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally we'd get another FOUR in - Gana, two x Forward and some creativity also either centrally or wide. Some forget just how broken this squad is from top to bottom + Richy gone and DCL turning into Darren Anderton. It's not happening though.

I would be happy to bring Gilmour in on loan still. But don't see that + Gana + two more.

Think it's imperative we get two forwards in. One looks like Guirassy which doesn't inspire greatly and is a punt.

I'd like any other to be a bit more PL ready so Broja the obvious option but failing that if we're talking to Chelsea, Batshuayi to me is still a decent option. I don't see many others likely to make a World Cup squad for an elite nation such as Belgium going spare. He is not a first choice option but not a donkey either, in our predicament.

We won't have cash for Terrier and don't know why they don't seem interested in Moussa Dembele.

For me mate right now Gilmour is a complete luxury, he's the player who gets on the ball and gets it to the creative players further forward - we don't have any - so he'll literally be doing what he did at Norwich.

We need two strikers in, Bats and Broja ideally.

But we need either creativity out wide/central or a natural goalscorer from midfield.

We are way way too predictable - Gordon for me is trying to do too much as there is literally no one else to do it or even trying so at least he's trying. But without any help around him it's a thankless task.

Question is how much room with P&S do we have and how can we stretch that to spend as much overall this window by backending deals.

Say if we where able through loans and spending say 40-50m to bring in Gueye, Gallagher, Broja and Batshuayi - would that fix the problems we have in the squad?

For me mate right now Gilmour is a complete luxury, he's the player who gets on the ball and gets it to the creative players further forward - we don't have any - so he'll literally be doing what he did at Norwich.

We need two strikers in, Bats and Broja ideally.

But we need either creativity out wide/central or a natural goalscorer from midfield.

We are way way too predictable - Gordon for me is trying to do too much as there is literally no one else to do it or even trying so at least he's trying. But without any help around him it's a thankless task.

Question is how much room with P&S do we have and how can we stretch that to spend as much overall this window by backending deals.

Say if we where able through loans and spending say 40-50m to bring in Gueye, Gallagher, Broja and Batshuayi - would that fix the problems we have in the squad?
It would go a long way towards fixing them yes. I don't think relegation would be a concern at all and we would be upwardly mobile.

Media is already starting to crank up pressure in Lampard -
They started about 8.5 months ago.

Utterly bizzare how many people are desperate to fail.

We'll finish at least 5 points clear of Villa and be threatening the top half and the media will still be crowing on about what a wonderful job Gerrard did in Scotland. (winning 1 pot out of 9 in a two club league)

Everton will be absolutely fine this season and the media will still be harping on about Lampard.

It's just the way it is.

I think Guirassy was left of out Bruno Genesio's squad for Rennes yesterday, which potentially means he is on his way. I think there is only really us who have been linked with him. Maupay is a good player, but he might be on his way to Forrest as well, Che Adams is a weird one, he seems to be out of favour at Southampton, I have seen one link to Ben Brereton Diaz this morning, not sure how real that one is. We need 1 striker in minimum, but I would love us to sign 2, so the manager has some options

Because the one result v forest will decide our fate mate, how about if we sign two on Friday but too late to play v Forest on Saturday, are we staying up or going down in that scenario as we've signed them before Saturday?
Where is our goals coming from. One footed McNeil or Demerit gray

Status
Not open for further replies.