Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat with a Lukaku type loan mate, then no he isn't.

Relative to all of the unknowns we've been linked with last week, his goals record is decent given he's used sparingly. Never claim that he'd be ideal but would have been happy to bring him off the bench yesterday most definitely.

we can surely get better mate

If we don't sign another 2 strikers by next weekend. I can see us underperforming in the next game.

Can’t see 2 strikers happening before then but One would be fine for next weekend & hopefully Gueye. I can see any more deals being transfer deadline day after that.

That's very un Everton like of you.

You must make outlandish claims about new players after a little over a game and a halfs worth of playing time.

Ignore the fact he was brought in mainly for his ability to stick the ball on a forwards head (which we don't have) and nail your colours to the mast imimmediately.

He can show far more effort and fight at the very least. Been hooked twice after being lethargic and looking disinterested. He needs to seriously improve

He has no goal threat and next to no quality i can see. I want to know why he was signed.

He can show far more effort and fight at the very least. Been hooked twice after being lethargic and looking disinterested. He needs to seriously improve

He has no goal threat and next to no quality i can see. I want to know why he was signed.
He deserves time to show what he can do but it was a strange signing who brings very little to the squad. A bit early to judge but I'm not overly confident if I'm honest.

Good morning all, here’s the rumours and stories doing the rounds on Sunday the 13th of August (a few of which seem to have been rehashed). A good day to all.

Everton have set their sights on signing Villarreal attacker Nicolas Jackson, sources from the club have told Football Insider. Goodison Park scouts have been keeping close tabs on the Senegal forward, 21, and interest has accelerated after his man-of-the-match display in his team’s La Liga opener against Real Valladolid.

According to French publication L’Equipe, the Toffees seem to be close to agreeing on a deal for Stade Rennais striker Serhou Guirassy. Frank Lampard has reportedly made the deal for the 26-year-old a priority following the long-term injury that Dominic Calvert-Lewin suffered last week.

And according to BBC journalist Fraser Fletcher, Everton is the club that he is trying to join, with a deal likely to be finalised very shortly. He wrote on Twitter: “Everton a top striker away from a result today. Club working on Serhou Guirassy and hope to get over line ASAP."

According to 90min, Goncalo Ramos could be set to follow Darwin Nunez and move to the Premier League. Newcastle United and Nottingham Forest have held talks with the forward over a move, whilst Crystal Palace, Leeds United, West Ham United and the Toffees are all monitoring the situation.

Newcastle United are lining up a new move for Everton sensation Anthony Gordon, sources from the club have told Football Insider. The Toffees knocked back a £35million offer from the north-east club for Gordon, 21, last month.

Reported Everton target Mohamed Camara has this weekend been spotted watching AS Monaco, with the RB Salzburg star set to sign for the Ligue 1 giants in the coming days.

According to French reports compiled by GFFN, the Mali international was seen watching Monaco’s league opener against Stade Rennais at the Stade Louis II, with the report stating that Camara is now likely to sign for Philippe Clement’s side just days after being reported with a move to Everton.

Everton chiefs are reportedly confident of signing Morgan Gibbs-White, and are lining up a new bid for the Wolves central midfielder. The Goodison Park outfit have reportedly had an initial bid of £22.5m rejected by Wolves for Gibbs-White, while Nottingham Forest have also seen an offer turned down

Everton have reportedly enquired about the availability of Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos ahead of a potential move. Co-writing in his latest piece for 90min, transfer expert Graeme Bailey has revealed that the Goodison Park outfit are just one of a number of clubs in the Premier League to have asked to be kept aware of Ramos’ availability

Marseille striker Bamba Dieng is not a priority for Everton, despite the club having held talks with his agent. That's according to French football paper L’Equipe, who say the Blues are working on other targets but continue to monitor the 22-year-old.

Brighton boss Graham Potter has admitted that Everton and Nottingham Forest target Neal Maupay is considering his future. Maupay is no longer guarenteed a first team place at the Amex stadium and could well seek a move away before the transfer window shuts.

Can’t see 2 strikers happening before then but One would be fine for next weekend & hopefully Gueye. I can see any more deals being transfer deadline day after that.

Let's hope they both join before the weekend, it would certainly ease my nerves about the season ahead. But my point was more people making the week in front of them the most important one and saying that if we don't get anyone in before forest we'll get relegated. Which is just over the top.

I really don't understand these shouts to sell Gordon.
Great idea to sell our best fit attacker isn't it! And of course a replacement signed from a foreign league will hit the ground running and score all the goals.

We'll look a much better side with an effective striker, losing DCL so close to the season has been a massive blow. Desperate for backup that should have come in ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.