Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Vardy was 25 when Leicester signed him. Ian Wright was older than that when he joined Arsenal. If this Swede gets anywhere near their levels it could be a bargain. This being Everton though, he'll probably be sold back to Coventry in 2 years for half what we paid after he scores 5 in 50.

Yeah but Vardy had never been on the books of a decent team before.

Wright was way older, think 28 when he joined Arsenal but a weird comparison as he'd been banging them in for Palace in the first division for a few years mate, after absolutely tearing up the old second division a few years beforehand with them too.

Not one half decent season at 24 having been let go for buttons at 23 by a team which is amongst the best in the league at evaluating younger players which Brighton are

I think Vardy was 25 when Leicester signed him. Ian Wright was older than that when he joined Arsenal. If this Swede gets anywhere near their levels it could be a bargain. This being Everton though, he'll probably be sold back to Coventry in 2 years for half what we paid after he scores 5 in 50.
Those are two extreme examples and every player is different but in the normal curve of a player’s career you’d hope for more than one good season, at a modest level, by the age of 24, if you want him to be a potential starting striker at a PL club. Brighton know a player and felt he wasn’t one, even the Coventry lad on here said he was poor on loan the season before.

And 18 in 46 at that level feels like a good but not great return for a centre forward. If Simms plays that many games at Sunderland this season I’d probably expect him to match or better it.

I'm not writing him off, just seems a very odd one. His goal record isn't particularly impressive though. You use the vardy comparison to show that age isn't neccessarily everything, which is fine! However Vardy was bagging, bagging and bagging everywhere he went.

Would have little issue with it if we werent limited with what we can spend, we had 2 strikers already and was adding a third at a cheap option who may be ablet to step up, but with DCL's injury record, we need someone who can start week in week out and compete and proven to do so.

Genuinely been wondering how we're able to afford this in regards to FFP even when we take Richy's fee and wage into account. How much dead wood did we shift?

That said, if we get a half-decent striker in, it's been something of a positive window.
Wages off the books since the end of the season:
Van De Beek
El Ghazi
Tosun
Delph
Sigurdsson
Kenny
Richarlison
Branthwaite

Wages picked up:
Tarkowski
McNeil
Vinagre
Coady
Onana
Nkonku (back from loan).

We have done quite well financially and probably have room to get in Gana and a striker without moving anyone else.

Ideally move a few of:
Gbamin
Gomes
Allan
Davies
Mina
Keane

Kev is starting to upset me...taking days to conclude transfers and he can't seem to sell Keane Gbamin and Gomes and where is the striker...

C'mon Kev sort it bud...

Genuinely been wondering how we're able to afford this in regards to FFP even when we take Richy's fee and wage into account. How much dead wood did we shift?

That said, if we get a half-decent striker in, it's been something of a positive window.

I reckon there is about 85 mill in incoming revenue swirling around last financial year and this with Kean and Richarilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.