Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s he like mate? How would you see him fitting in here?
He is a big lad, can play anywhere in the front 3, quick and he could play on the end of crosses although he tends to run on to it a bit more than say DCL who is better in the air. There are possibly better options but we are running out of time and money and getting a bit desperate now. Tbh i would prefer someone like Brereton Diaz but we seem to be reaching the bottom of our list now.

He’s a championship level striker. Some strikers are in the championship but have attributes to succeed in PL (eg Pedro & Dennis at Watford; maybe Brereton-Diaz) and others are just not quite good enough. Gyokeres is the latter for me as his technique is mediocre and he is less physical and good in the air than you would expect for his size.

He is a big lad, can play anywhere in the front 3, quick and he could play on the end of crosses although he tends to run on to it a bit more than say DCL who is better in the air. There are possibly better options but we are running out of time and money and getting a bit desperate now. Tbh i would prefer someone like Brereton Diaz but we seem to be reaching the bottom of our list now.
Are we?

Still 3 weeks left. Most of our deals have been completed within a week.

We don't know how much money we have left. I read an article earlier saying we still have budget available for a striker (that was alongside Gueye).

DCL got injured a week ago. We have 3 weeks to go and most of our actual signings have come a bit out the blue and sorted quickly. We aren't desperate yet.

Thanks for that mate. Good to hear from someone who watched him. Struck me as the type of player who likes the ball at feet. Seemed to play a bit deeper then the 9 last season his best season (according to tranfermarkt) and Brighton played him coming in off the left, performs better as a two apparently. Seems to have a bit of versatility.

Brighton having cracking scouts to be fair to them.

Are we?

Still 3 weeks left. Most of our deals have been completed within a week.

We don't know how much money we have left. I read an article earlier saying we still have budget available for a striker (that was alongside Gueye).

DCL got injured a week ago. We have 3 weeks to go and most of our actual signings have come a bit out the blue and sorted quickly. We aren't desperate yet.
Yeah we are, have you not seen the striker names we are being linked with? none are what we need realistically.

Viktor Gyoker reminds me of the purple patch,Nikica Jelav'c had.Goals coming off his shines,back side ,thru defenders legs ,when he is falling over ,shots straight at the goal keeper some how going in.I Think he would be a good buy as a fall back striker if he was about £6,000.000 other wise leave.

I do hope this is all paper talk as I think he's brilliant and will make another step up this season. I'm unsure whether he is ready for the PL yet but I think he will be come the end of the season.

£13-15 million and I don't think we could turn it down.

Viktor Gyoker reminds me of the purple patch,Nikica Jelav'c had.Goals coming off his shines,back side ,thru defenders legs ,when he is falling over ,shots straight at the goal keeper some how going in.I Think he would be a good buy as a fall back striker if he was about £6,000.000 other wise leave.
Bit harsh, he slotted some nice goals Jela

Several of them looked to be deflections, lucky bounces through and him not getting a clean kick on the ball. Also, half of them cane from absolutely atrocious defensive mistakes, the kind that happens much less at the top level.

He has had one half decent season in the championship at the age of 23. That's probably his level.

If we get him, I'll be happy to be proved wrong though.
Goal is a goal is a goal; doesn't matter how it goes in, they all count

Right. And we just believe all the links?

Have we not learnt anything this summer?
Not at all, as you say there is still a few weeks left but we need firepower and creativity in the team now and have done for weeks. I'm more than happy to wait and see what happens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.