Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I really hope we go in for Hudson-Odoi of Chelsea. He's pushing for a loan move and is obviously miles, miles better than both Gordon and Gray. Could be an inspired signing.
I agree with Hudson-Odoi being better than what we have - it's amazing just how many of Chelsea's reserves and squad players we've been linked with so far/like the look of at this point: Barkley, Gallagher, Broja, Gilmour and now Hudson-Odoi!

It's not just the amount they are spending (MGW would take them to 125m and they are apparently close to signing a 10m left back as well so 135), but the quantity of players they are signing, I think those two would take them to 14 new faces. How do you even begin to knit together 14 guys who have never met? And they are adding 14 premier league salaries. And I don't think they're done.

If they were spending the best part of 150m across a handful of players you could say that they were attempting to bring in the genuine quality needed to keep them in the league but spread across that many players they surely risk falling between two stools: spending a fortune, but still not necessarily getting players who are good enough.

Still, good luck to them, won't be dull I suppose.
It’s a very bold strategy and it’s entertaining as a neutral if nothing else. It’s looking like we’ll have 7 new faces all told once the current 3 who are linked get over the line and a striker, and I think that’s really pushing it in terms of how many players you should add in one summer.

Our attacking signing will probably not come until the end of the window so it means king salomon for the next fixtures...hopefully we will not come to regret our dreadful planning when it comes to transfers...at least I guess we will be strong defensively so perhaps we can aim for a few draws...

I agree with Hudson-Odoi being better than what we have - it's amazing just how many of Chelsea's reserves and squad players we've been linked with so far/like the look of at this point: Barkley, Gallagher, Broja, Gilmour and now Hudson-Odoi!
We are not linked with hudson-odoi unfortunately...only seem to be linked to strikers and they probably think one striker in and thats us which is a big mistake as we need to replace richy

Loaning simms out surely means they have a couple of nailed on striker options lined up. Doesn't it? Lads?

The loan is the right thing for his development, and I don't think he is ready for top flight football, but he would have been no worse than the options we used on Saturday. Maybe we should have waited to the end of the month to loan him.

Yes but in France, admin staff aren’t allowed to properly start work until Tuesday, Monday is just board games and watching films to ease them back in.

D7cV1x8OjKlwup86OWE71m9wbyWQ3SghPIVpKTcfgXA.jpg

It’s a very bold strategy and it’s entertaining as a neutral if nothing else. It’s looking like we’ll have 7 new faces all told once the current 3 who are linked get over the line and a striker, and I think that’s really pushing it in terms of how many players you should add in one summer.
Unfortunately as much as I agree with too many players ordinarily, this squad needs that many to make us competitive. We definitely need a striker because until we get a proper one in we will lose games we could win simply due to firing blanks. The injuries need to calm down mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.