Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
D7cV1x8OjKlwup86OWE71m9wbyWQ3SghPIVpKTcfgXA.jpg

Then you get treated to some grainy 90's sex education

1659949878996.png

Coady and Tarkowski are great signings. They really are. We've been really lacking leaders in that area of the pitch for as long as I can remember. Soon we'll have 2 of them. Either could be our deputy captain. Arguably tarks should take the job from Coleman with Coady as his deputy, but I understand sentiment will overrule that.

If we can get a striker now, which I'm sure we will, then this window will have been a big success and prove solutions are there even on a tighter budget. We must have a plan in the striker department. Maybe I'm naive. It's taken us 4 years to replace Coleman, so shouldn't get my hopes up. But this would be even more negligent than even that glaring oversight was.

It’s a very bold strategy and it’s entertaining as a neutral if nothing else. It’s looking like we’ll have 7 new faces all told once the current 3 who are linked get over the line and a striker, and I think that’s really pushing it in terms of how many players you should add in one summer.

Never change Evertonians. "Why aren't we signing anyone? We're getting left behind by not signing anyone! God, Everton do something! The window is passing us by!"

"We've signed too many players."

The only thing is instead of playing out the back and through the midfield, we might have got tempted to just whack it straight up, possibly same with DCL.
I think our defense is strong enough, well was with Mina playing but we needed the ball to stick to enable the wide players to get in behind, we haven't got that, surprised he didn't go with Ali for that job.

I have been pretty happy with our signings and the ones that seem to be near/in the pipeline. I think the team is already looking more solid and organised. Penalities happen and apart from the back pass that lead to the leg break, we looked very solid. But until we get someone who can put the ball in the back of the net we are going to struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.