Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the clubs structural review has brought them to the conclusion that our transfer business has been flawed over the last few years. The answer seems to have been to invent a time machine and pretend the last few years didn't happen....Gana, Barkley, Batshuayi etc

Just waiting for links to Witsel and Yarmolenko

Of all the Chelsea players that might be available and we end up with Barkley and Batshuayi that would be a nightmare scenario. Neither improve us in the slightest.

Of all the Chelsea players that might be available and we end up with Barkley and Batshuayi that would be a nightmare scenario. Neither improve us in the slightest.

Barkley improves the midifeld like. FOr all his ratty ratty faults, he's still a better footballer than Tom DAvies, Doucoure and co.

Still wouldn't have him back like. RAT.

Looks like the clubs structural review has brought them to the conclusion that our transfer business has been flawed over the last few years. The answer seems to have been to invent a time machine and pretend the last few years didn't happen....Gana, Barkley, Batshuayi etc

Just waiting for links to Witsel and Yarmolenko
Id take it with a pinch of salt but some of the alleged ITKs on Twitter are saying it’s very much DoF and FL who are pushing for Barkley and others are less keen. I can imagine Moshiri not being too happy after the way he left but then again it’s very likely all a load of cobblers.

Barkley improves the midifeld like. FOr all his ratty ratty faults, he's still a better footballer than Tom DAvies, Doucoure and co.

To be fair I only saw him play for Chelsea a handful of times but he doesn’t play the same position as those two surely? Wouldn’t he just be competition for an AM role?

Yeah he definitely passes the “better than what we have” test. Whether he can stay off the treatment table for any length of time is a different matter.

All this 'Barkley walks into our team'

The 2017 one does, but then he wouldn't ahead of the 2017 Dele Alli who was scoring 18 league goals then.

Now, I'd rather Alli or Iwobi in the number 10 role.

Barkley would be a bad mistake from Lampard and Thelwell, they'd lose a lot of goodwill.

Also not convinced with the plaudits on Billy Gilmour. Admittedly haven't seen him play a lot, but when I have he's not looked great.

To be fair I only saw him play for Chelsea a handful of times but he doesn’t play the same position as those two surely? Wouldn’t he just be competition for an AM role?

He can play deeper like. As i said, would swerve purely for my hatred for the rat.

Cant see a positive in it, no lesson learned from Rooney + Benitez.

Status
Not open for further replies.