Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this actually true though?

I keep hearing it not the lack of funds but the fact we aren't allowed to spend this year, hence trying to put deals on to next year.

Genuinely, which is correct, no money or hands tied??
It's both, moshiri has simply put debt on the club during his tenure with the aim to build a new funded stadium with the intention of selling for a big fat wedge. His plan has failed.

All monies he's got tied up will be getting paid back to him if he can sell the club for the price he requires. Its not like he's gifted the money.

I thought he was our saviour but all he's done is take us to the brink because he can no longer apply more debt to the club because of the new Premier rules which isn't a bad thing long term, unfortunately they have hit us at the wrong time. In essence we are cashless, we don't earn enough to afford transfers unless we sell but even that is eaten up due to wasted money. We are in a vicious circle. I still have concerns surrounding the funding of the stadium especially watching how he's made a total cock up of ownership and his total lack of football knowledge. Grim times and no amount of crying will fix this. The rest of football must be laughing there [Poor language removed] off at us, using us as the blueprint how not to run a club, despite deluded bills other opinion.

Wonder how Thelwall is doing on the stress front right now, welcome to Everton lad. Bet they spun him a pack of BS too along with Frank and suddenly told him he better bring in half a team on 20 million spread over 3 years. Does it not seem a little strange how he's said nothing about transfers or the upcoming season this window I mean he is our DOF after all, you would expect some kind of communication especially as we are already protesting and his manager has basically warned them.

Operation meltdown is underway, christ when the almost assistant boss is speaking out you know we are in the cack. I still have a feeling they will sell DCL to fund something out of panic, not like any of there other plans are working is it.
Has Thelwell been lied to though.
Brands signed new deals took a place on the board half way through and only spoke out after he’d actually left, not a peep while here.
If Thelwell doesn’t and speak out then he’s clearly happy with it.

Is this actually true though?

I keep hearing it not the lack of funds but the fact we aren't allowed to spend this year, hence trying to put deals on to next year.

Genuinely, which is correct, no money or hands tied??
The end result is the same either way. Whether we can't spend because we're broke or can't spend due to fiscal rules makes no odds. If we can't pay up front, at least a portion of the fee, we will be at the back of the queue and will most likely have to take whatever dross is left over that nobody else wants with our Klarna approach to transfers.

When you're getting discussed on TalkSport for having a pathetic transfer window you know it's critical.
We have cleared out a number of players at the end of their contracts who most wanted out.
We have lost a couple of ex players from coaching roles who some wanted to see done
We have brought in what most would accept is an improvement at the back

We are close to the brink in terms of FFP and P&S rules so not sure what we expecting really. Obviously we would like to not lose Richie and want to see strengthening, but I am ever optimistic

Has Thelwell been lied to though.
Brands signed new deals took a place on the board half way through and only spoke out after he’d actually left, not a peep while here.
If Thelwell doesn’t and speak out then he’s clearly happy with it.
We will find out soon enough

When you're getting discussed on TalkSport for having a pathetic transfer window you know it's critical.
Those guys at Talksport are just throwing chum in the water, they are just hoping someone bites, desperate for content.

They will be having a pop at Leicester next for not signing anyone and forest for signing 12 players. Can’t take Talksport seriously.

We have cleared out a number of players at the end of their contracts who most wanted out.
We have lost a couple of ex players from coaching roles who some wanted to see done
We have brought in what most would accept is an improvement at the back

We are close to the brink in terms of FFP and P&S rules so not sure what we expecting really. Obviously we would like to not lose Richie and want to see strengthening, but I am ever optimistic

Less than 2 weeks to the start of the season: we have no midfield worthy of the name; we can only play 3 at the back as a system because of the defensive limitations; we rely on the blank firing Rondon and DCL to get us goals.

I'm not sure too many more of us are optimistic for this season or getting decent players in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.