Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point in the window and with the season all of two weeks away would honestly bite your hand off if you only offered me a DM and versatile forward.

I’m at the point where I don’t think we’ve got a pot to piss in and think that’ll be all we’ll be able to afford (aka to comply with P&S).

Transfer window closes on 1st September doesnt it?

Theres still two ways this can go and if the waiting comes off then we could end up getting some top talent in.

5 Chelsea youngsters who are still in the frame...

At this point in the window and with the season all of two weeks away would honestly bite your hand off if you only offered me a DM and versatile forward.

I’m at the point where I don’t think we’ve got a pot to piss in and think that’ll be all we’ll be able to afford (aka to comply with P&S).
Oh no, is it really? That’s depressing. We’re gonna get shellacked.

How many loans from the Premier league are we allowed to bring in, I know its more from abroad. Loans might be the only chance we have to improve this sorry lot, I hope its not 1 and we waste it on Billy gilmour.

This summer really is back to the bad old days.

Moshiri, Kenwright and co have taken us backwards, if they cannot see this then they are completely delusional.

Going into the season on a similar vibe the one when we signed Marcus Bent, which actually turned out ok thanks to Moyes, but highly unlikely to this time.

This summer really is back to the bad old days.

Moshiri, Kenwright and co have taken us backwards, if they cannot see this then they are completely delusional.

Going into the season on a similar vibe the one when we signed Marcus Bent, which actually turned out ok thanks to Moyes, but highly unlikely to this time.
We are turning into Sunderland, we are all doomed.

Even Romano has give up actually solidly linking us to players - now it’s very much there’s just a list ???

Just saw that. Big fan of dendoncker but he ain't all that nippy about the pitch. Think he would definitely be a big improvement in terms of quality but we would still need an out and out DM.

Right now we need to get back to basics:

Defence

Pickford
Patterson - Mina - Tarkowski - Godfrey - Mykolenko

We have to play to our strengths (hahahahaha) but ultimately getting a solid back line because they will be the difference between a point and a loss, it will add up and if we don't bed this defence in quickly we'll be chopping formations or swapping for lesser defensive options.

Midfield

Doucoure and 2 new signings

Linked to Gilmore, Winks etc etc, we need 2 new signings who have the engagement and energy in this league. Gbamin, Allan, Gomes, Davies just haven't got it for me and to ask someone like Warrington or Onyango would be a step to far.

Dele is not happening for me

We have to prioritize these positions NOW.

Possible signings:
Winks
Gilmore

Attack

Gordon/Gray/New signing - DCL

This has to be our worst attacking threat for a long long time. I see a striker IF given service will get 10+ goals and 2 hit and miss wingers who you won't bet get 10 goals between them.

Simms or Rondon are bench fodder and then we are really struggling with Dobbin expected to go out on loan. We can't replace Richarlison because we don't have the money or the swing to get a better player so this worries me.

Possible signings:
Broja
Cornet
Dennis
MGW

Judge me at the end of the transfer market - Moshiri

Heaven Help Us

It looks like you are advocating we play 533, which is a great idea, if we can sneak an extra man on ?

Think the way this is panning out if we do any business at all it will be on deadline day, hopefully we can muddle through Augusts fixtures and get some points so we are not already marooned at the foot of the table,cheers to the board???

The money spent was too high. You can't keep signing players for 25m-30m. Lesson learned there.

But to try and evaluate a strategy off of one window of a couple signings is a bad idea. We need to commit to something.
Look I want us to go and explore other leagues too. But people act like it's not a risk. There is risk, in the market we're shopping in. Again, I don't care what league they're in, if they're the right fit and the deal is right. You can get better value for money in Europe especially, but there are risks with it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.