Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him, but the fee will still likely be far too big.
Why so?

He's got one year left, that means that if Wolves want anything for him then they'll be cashing in at tops £15m you'd think, or at least in a deal that is heavily incentivised.

It may, of course, be agent talk to get them to offer him a new deal.

He's as good a player as we're realistically going to attract from the Premier League or abroad.

Why so?

He's got one year left, that means that if Wolves want anything for him then they'll be cashing in at tops £15m you'd think, or at least in a deal that is heavily incentivised.

He's as good a player as we're realistically going to attract from the Premier League or abroad.

Dont they have an option of another year mate?

Yeah I would be happy with Dendoncker over the Gilmour/Winks type, if it had to be one or the other.

I think MGW is honestly seen as more of a forward/wide player, but if it had to be him and Dendoncker then it'd be fine by me.

I doubt we get two of Wolves' players, mind.

I 'think' if you could fantasy land say the players we had interest in could all be gotten.

Think Lampard would set up with Gordon left MGW right with Gilmour Gallacher and a more defensively/positionally sound centre mid

Chances are slim to none though

Why so?

Club has option for another year extension, so may as well just call it two years left on contact

Why so?

We’ve got about £30m to spend all told. £15m is a huge fee to spend, when you’re trying to loan a lad from Burnley who has a £17.5m release clause. We’d only stretch to about £8m for Dendoncker and I doubt they accept that.

We’ve got about £30m to spend all told. £15m is a huge fee to spend, when you’re trying to loan a lad from Burnley who has a £17.5m release clause. We’d only stretch to about £8m for Dendoncker and I doubt they accept that.
You've absolutely no idea of how much we've got to spend. All guess work based around guess work !

Dendoncker for me is the exactly the type of profile we need, for the position we find ourselves in. Is he a world class player, no? But he's a very good premier league midfielder.

We need players who have the quality and are ready to play 30+ games in the premier league now.

Players like Happy Gilmour might have higher ceilings (I'm not so sure) but with having such a poor quality squad, and realistically looking like we could get relegated, or the very minimum be involved in a relegation scrap, we don't have the luxury of squandering our limited budget on what if's and maybes.

If Dendoncker has a year left, and is available for 15M, then just get it done, structure it best possible, 5M upfront, 10m over 2/3 years length of contract, and that addresses part of the problem we have, whilst also retaining budget to be used else where.

One year left on his deal, proven player in the Prem, a Belgian international, 27 and fills a position we need.

If he could be prized away for £10-15m then that's as good a value as punting on someone from Ligue 1 for the same price IMO.

Why would they sell him for £10 million?

Dendoncker is far from a bad player, but why aren’t we looking outside of England FFS. Becoming comical.
I think looking at proven PL players isn’t a bad idea if we can get them cheap enough, buying from abroad is a risk they take time to settle and some just don’t settle at all, look at Moise Kean hes a great example also you can add Gomes and Tosun to that list and the list can go on and on. But some do adapt well but can we really take that risk atm?

Look I want us to go and explore other leagues too. But people act like it's not a risk. There is risk, in the market we're shopping in. Again, I don't care what league they're in, if they're the right fit and the deal is right. You can get better value for money in Europe especially, but there are risks with it too.

PL deals are a risk for a club in our financial position. They cost much more than if you can find someone unproven from elsewhere. When was last time we found someone from a club outside England, developed them and made a solid profit? I'm sure there is an example but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Yes ideally we could sign players who could walk into the team against Chelsea, and be right up to speed with the Premier League. But we don't have the money for that, so is it really sensible to keep exploring deals for players at other PL clubs, and find ourselves going up dead ends?

Even if the powers that be ARE watching over our shoulder, surely we can bring in Grillitsch on a free and Knight for a modest fee. They would instantly improve the midfield.

I knew very little about the lad Grillitsch so googled him. His injury record means I am 100% against signing him. I don't think there's even a decision to be made, it's just a no for us on a player with those sort of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.