Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d have to wonder why it’s taken him until 2 weeks before the season starts to send an SOS to the board…

No idea. We will sign players, at what time frame and quality is another question. Anyone who comes in will be used by the boards defenders in the fan base to put a point across anyway regardless if they genuinely improve us or not.

Pages after pages of just rubbish links // lads playing footie manager // other trans fans taking the urine .. what a club we are hey !! Surely only club to go backwards after millions pumped into it !! After watching that tripe the other night if Barkley ? // Gilmour do come in we get behind them in my mind !! We aren’t a big draw anymore !! Sad to see the demise of the club as it is currently.
Who do you suspect of being trans fans!

I accept the risk/reward aspect of it all and if we signed more of a mixture of established PL players and more speculative overseas prospects then that would be fine but we don't. We predominantly sign supposedly established PL talent for big fees and on big wages and also expensive overseas players. The two examples you gave, Kean and Gbamin both cost more than £20m each, that's not what I'm talking about us doing. We should be looking for <£10m players on lower wages from abroad so that if and when they're rubbish it's not going to cripple us and if they're good we can offer higher wages and extended contracts. Lots of other clubs speculate like this. We seem immune to it as a strategy and would rather sign Harry Winks and Maxwell Cornet on big salaries and probably sizeable fees. It's self-defeating.
Agree Brighton and Leicester are cases in point they scout extensively find reasonable deals and sell on for higher values, and both have clubs they send them to on loan if I'm not mistaken. They both happen to be well ahead of us in the table. Our strategy is foolish.

We aren't a top 8 side. Pickford and Mina (If he stayed fit) are the only players that I think make a top 8 side.

Mykolenko isn't really the issue here. I think he's a solid lower mid table full back with still room to develop. He's quite balanced in that he's decent defensively and he's not totally useless going forward. He's the least of our worries.

Again, I totally agree.

I was merely highlighting the point that the entire squad is a mess with very few starting quality players. Mykolenko being one of them if our aspirations are to get into Europe.

I’m certainly not advocating our immediate investment in a new left back; as you say, we have much more pressing needs than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.