Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s clearly after a ball playing number 6 rather than a destroyer.

Our current midfielders can barely pass a ball 5 yards

Or he’s after both and Gilmour on loan fills one of those slots for very little outlay leaving whatever small resources we have left for a more defensive option.

I’d be quite happy to see two in, play 3 in the middle and one of Doucoure & Allan benched.

Or he’s after both and Gilmour on loan fills one of those slots for very little outlay leaving whatever small resources we have left for a more defensive option.

I’d be quite happy to see two in, play 3 in the middle and one of Doucoure & Allan benched.
Nah I don’t think he does. He’ll want us to win the ball back up the other end, the number 6 is going to be someone that can break the opposition press quickly and get us up the park quickly

Oh, please tell me what this no marks attributes are...you have the floor...

To be fair I meant statements rather than opinion.

Statement meaning sweeping comments about other peoples knowledge of the game like you’re some expert we should all bow down to. Can disagree without sounding like a tit.

Nah I don’t think he does. He’ll want us to win the ball back up the other end, the number 6 is going to be someone that can break the opposition press quickly and get us up the park quickly

Fair enough. A 6 to me always meant a more defensive player but that has probably changed recently with more emphasis on the press.

I don't see many doing that. I just think it's worth pointing out how much he's having to try and sort out.

How could he change much when we didn't know what league we were going to be in?

You can't. There was no judging, no forecasting. That's why it was all so up in the air mate. And we're now suffering for past mistakes not made by this manager or DoF, but at least this DoF is trying to restructure things where he can.
Not having a go at Thelwell, but he could have had options for the two different outcomes.

Ok, so in comparison to Allan, Iwobi, Davies, Gomes, Delph he averages more passes per game than any of them over both of the past two seasons (near double Tom and Wobes)
Now, if we want to take into account he's technically inept and has a very average first touch which would break down a good % of possession before he can make a pass after receiving the ball, it makes him being our highest passing midfielder even more of a surprise?
But its ok, we all have different opinions, i see him as worthwhile, you dont ?
I guess my point is he doesn't get the ball and want to do anything. He does a lot of first time passes back to the guy who passed it to him though.

Comparing him to Iwobi is clearly bad faith as he's spent only a handful of games in midfield.

I also have him with less passes attempted per 90 than Allan Delph and Gomes last season on the stats site I look at. So not sure where that's coming from.

It’s embarrassing seeing a professional footballer unable to correctly weight a pass
or miss the target time after time, or put a corner straight out for a goal kick, or give away needless fouls 20 yards from goal, or clatter into their own players as the opposition forward gallops through on goal........

Status
Not open for further replies.