Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call him a dud personally. Probably going against the grain here but we signed him to do what he was doing the last quarter of the season. He would come off the bench with 10/15 minutes to go and offer a physical presence. The best example is Leicester at home when he made an instant impact when he came on.

We certainly never signed him to start games from the off like he was doing as DCL and Richarlison were both out.

Then again, with Rafael I wouldn't know if that is true actually.

Even still, as a player to come off the bench for 10 minutes, as long as his wages are reasonable, I don't think he's all that bad.
You're right - I was trying clumsily to say that Rondon was probably not a positive signing.

Its not worth going round in circles but a player under contract can end his contract 1 ) Without Sporting Just Cause or 2) With Sporting Just Cause.
As I pointed out yesterday the with SJ C is normally when wages haven’t been paid or a seasoned professional hasn’t featured, when fit in 10% of first team games
CAS have ruled on several cases where a player has unilaterally walked from a contract.If the question of compensation ends up at CAS there isn’t a template in terms of the method or amount that will be paid but should the player have gone on and signed for a club then it’s highly likely that any award will be payable on a joint and several basis. As for the players value there have been differing approaches the first was the amortised value but I am not sure that a “ market value has ever been applied but it was suggested recently that Lewendsoki would move on a Webster and that whilst Bayern estimated the players value at £35+ million the likelihood was that any compensation would be less than £20 million
Of course all this is academic if he is sold

Lets end this. Basically it's not really an issue as nobody at elite level is prepared to risk it. The CAS ruling refers to potential costs of replacing the player which of course would be substantial for Richarlison. Lewandoski's age is a factor as to his value.

O Jogo saying we’re sending officials over to Lisbon for Nunes like this year is some crazy repeat of last year. They’ll be reporting he’s in Liverpool for a medical again next
STEVEWALSH.jpg

I've always wondered why players ca't resign

If I wanted to leave my firm, I need to give 3 months notice in writing; guess this just isn't something found in footballers contracts

We generally do not have fixed term contracts and footballers have their registration (I don't know much about that). I can't imagine that a football club would agree a Fixed Term contract with a player with a break clause in the players favour. Basic principle of contract law is you are entitled to be in the position you would have been if the contract had been performed, and therefore if one party does not fulfil their part of the contract the other party can seek compensation for non-performance.

That's why Football Managers generally get compensation when their sacked. Ancelloti in comparison clearly had some pretty good break clauses in his contract which reflects our desperation to get him.

60 mil 6mil Matty Nunes…

Spending money the Everton way (after he gets crocked for the season and Gomes back a 60 grand player)
However good a prospect Nunes is (which he is), following a Portuguese transfer after Darwin (which likely will inflate the leagues eval's) for 60 million with this current squad is a mistake.

I don't understand why we wouldn't simply diversify the amount of arrows in our quiver. Invest in the teens and low twenties into intriguing 18 to 23 year olds over an array of positions. Be patient, sell pragmatically and build strength by depth with hopefully cover because we have multiple improving players.

A 60 million quality player is irrelevant in isolation, despite it likely isolating other transfers because of the fee. The likely outbound Richy case and point.

Can we just stop being dumb.

However good a prospect Nunes is (which he is), following a Portuguese transfer after Darwin (which likely will inflate the leagues eval's) for 60 million with this current squad is a mistake.

I don't understand why we wouldn't simply diversify the amount of arrows in our quiver. Invest in the teens and low twenties into intriguing 18 to 23 year olds over an array of positions. Be patient, sell pragmatically and build strength by depth with hopefully cover because we have multiple improving players.

A 60 million quality player is irrelevant in isolation, despite it likely isolating other transfers because of the fee. The likely outbound Richy case and point.

Can we just stop being dumb.
Arsenal just signing a Porto played who had 50mil euro release clause and arsenal have agreed 35mil euro which is about 30mil. That nunes wouldn’t be much more imo

It's not totally out of the question we could spend up to 50 million on a guy like Nunes, especially if the deal was structured with a lower up front payment. Between Richarlison, Kean and getting in a few quid for guys like Mina and Gomes we could in theory bring in 100 mil + this summer in which case, with a starting CB already in on a free, Lampard & Thelwell may decide to use half that on a genuine quality midfielder, the thing we need the most. That would still leave plenty money in the tank for, say, KLP and another CM, and we could plug remaining gaps with loans and maybe a couple of bargain basement signings.

In theory youre right.

But lets say we sold Richarlison, Kean, Keane, Mina, Gomes, Gbamin and Allan.

Would you risk around half the transfer fees on one player with no experience in England?

In theory youre right.

But lets say we sold Richarlison, Kean, Keane, Mina, Gomes, Gbamin and Allan.

Would you risk around half the transfer fees on one player with no experience in England?
Personally, probably not, just saying it's not financially out of the question. That said, we're so lacking quality in the midfield, and a quality midfielder can make such a huge difference in terms of ball retention and chance creation, it's definitely the area to target if there's one fairly big money signing to be made. I don't know if Nunes is that guy, and I don't know what he'll ultimately go for, but I wouldn't rule out one big signing of a player like that.

I wouldn't call him a dud personally. Probably going against the grain here but we signed him to do what he was doing the last quarter of the season. He would come off the bench with 10/15 minutes to go and offer a physical presence. The best example is Leicester at home when he made an instant impact when he came on.
Brentford is another that springs to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.