Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call him a dud personally. Probably going against the grain here but we signed him to do what he was doing the last quarter of the season. He would come off the bench with 10/15 minutes to go and offer a physical presence. The best example is Leicester at home when he made an instant impact when he came on.

We certainly never signed him to start games from the off like he was doing as DCL and Richarlison were both out.

Then again, with Rafael I wouldn't know if that is true actually.

Even still, as a player to come off the bench for 10 minutes, as long as his wages are reasonable, I don't think he's all that bad.
I felt he got better as the season went on. Start and middle of the season, he was awful

Why would we do that. We can do deals now only to announce them on 1st July.
If we could defer payments to other clubs and Agents, which we probably can not.

I think the "delay" is due to waiting till Pogba moves to Ju.......

We need to sell before we can buy, is the main thing, we also need to know who is sold to know how much money we have.

We will do our business late, cos nobody will be in hurry to buy players that nobody wants.

my old company didnt only pay people who were terrible at their jobs they promoted them
Too true. This works at basically every company where some dunderhead the boss wants to be rid of gets a glowing reference just to be shut of them and become somebody else's dunderhead. The good workers, who are valued by their leaders, do not get as many good breaks as they should, or get the promotions they deserve.

The old adage went; get used to dealing with cretins, for one day you will end up reporting to one.

However good a prospect Nunes is (which he is), following a Portuguese transfer after Darwin (which likely will inflate the leagues eval's) for 60 million with this current squad is a mistake.

I don't understand why we wouldn't simply diversify the amount of arrows in our quiver. Invest in the teens and low twenties into intriguing 18 to 23 year olds over an array of positions. Be patient, sell pragmatically and build strength by depth with hopefully cover because we have multiple improving players.

A 60 million quality player is irrelevant in isolation, despite it likely isolating other transfers because of the fee. The likely outbound Richy case and point.

Can we just stop being dumb.
missing that I was following on from a post that was singing to the tune of '60 grand Seamus Coleman' and finishing the second half of the song I think.

Lighten up lid.

Arsenal just signing a Porto played who had 50mil euro release clause and arsenal have agreed 35mil euro which is about 30mil. That nunes wouldn’t be much more imo
Isnt another cm who was linked here going for under 20 mill to fulham aswell. Not saying we will be back in for him but agree not chance they get 60

Haven’t read back in the thread, but I’m sure it’s been mentioned that spending 50m on a guy we had agreed a deal on for 17m last year would be peak Moshiri era Everton.

[Poor language removed] Benitez.

Status
Not open for further replies.