Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite Everton myths. Of the true midfielders (ie not including someone like Barkley) he was our best midfielder with the ball since Arteta.

Maybe not a super high bar to clear but still.

Ok. Think a lot would disagree with you

I’d trust any of these players to handle the ball in midfield far better than Gueye would

Osman Pienaar (obviously but I’ll assume you’re not considering them)

Barry
Besic
DvB
Allan

I’d trust the touch and passing of any of them over Gueye’s.

Miss his ferret watch...loads of ferrets about this summer
Screenshot_20220603-200458_Google.jpg

Viva La Orly.

I’d trust any of these players to handle the ball in midfield far better than Gueye would

Barry
Besic
DvB
Allan

Osman counts, not Pienaar. Osman was decent but not better.

I'd consider Barry as being close. He was quite good on the ball.

But Besic, DvB and Allan are laughable negatives. DvB barely even exists for me. Besic isn't even a top flight player. That's a bizarre shout.

Barry
Besic
DvB
Allan

Man snuck Besic in there like we wouldn’t notice.

But Besic, DvB and Allan are laughable negatives. DvB barely even exists for me. Besic isn't even a top flight player. That's a bizarre shout.

If you think Gueye had more technique on the ball than Osman then we see football in different ways. Which was abundantly clear even before this discussion.

Besic Not a top flight player? he was pivotal in his Hungarian league team clinching the league title. Actually I have no idea because I don't have a way or the interest to watch Hungarian football

Last edited:

He's the best CM we have at the club currently mate.

We have a tendency as fans to always slate our better players

Lukaku wasnt a great striker because he didnt always score in the big games

Stones was over rated because he didnt want to just hoof the ball up the field

Gana was poor because he wasn't a great passer of the ball

Doucoure is the worst CM of all time because he cant pass the ball like Xavi.

They'll miss him when he's gone.
Dacoure is just average for me prob is the best cm at the club but honestly that is down to the poor options we have

Technique is only one part of being an effective passing player.

If Gueye was even half as good on the ball as you’re making out we wouldn’t have been as awful as we were in some of the teams he played in. That midfield of Gueye Schneiderlin and Siggurdson was one of the most ineffective we’ve had. Now Gueye was great off the ball but all he did was try and find sideways passes when he had it, and his first touch was pretty poor. He’d have been the best midfielder in the league by a distance if what you’re saying is true.

Hopefully the xlub can bring in atleast two quality mids into the team the spine of this tram cb and cm is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.