Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eggs if Richarlison did move for the £70mil+ fee thats been mooted, who would you want Thelwell/Lampard to go for with that level of funds?

Also, what do you think of Gallagher ?

He's the best CM we have at the club currently mate.

We have a tendency as fans to always slate our better players

Lukaku wasnt a great striker because he didnt always score in the big games

Stones was over rated because he didnt want to just hoof the ball up the field

Gana was poor because he wasn't a great passer of the ball

Doucoure is the worst CM of all time because he cant pass the ball like Xavi.

They'll miss him when he's gone.
We have no middle ground at Everton, your either great or poor. You only have to look at the player threads from game to game.
I feel sorry for some of the players we’ve had here.

He's the best CM we have at the club currently mate.

We have a tendency as fans to always slate our better players

Lukaku wasnt a great striker because he didnt always score in the big games

Stones was over rated because he didnt want to just hoof the ball up the field

Gana was poor because he wasn't a great passer of the ball

Doucoure is the worst CM of all time because he cant pass the ball like Xavi.

They'll miss him when he's gone.
We definitely won’t miss him. And if he was so good he’s was 26 at his peak available for 20mil and none of the top 8 from
The previous season were interested.

Gana did have flaws to his game that’s why he went to 2 mid table bottom half prem team glr
7/8 mil but he’s better than doucoure. Stones was 19/20 not many CB’s are perfect at that age.

As for being are best midfielder, Allan is imo and that doesn’t count for much because are midfield is Piss poor.

When we sold lukaku and we were left with Niasse, Tosun and DCL it’s like you saying tosun is our best striker, doesn’t make
Him good enough.

Doucoure has no long term future under frank. Will be gone next summer

No one realised how good McCarthy was until he got injured and teams have been walking through our midfield ever since. I remember the first half of the Goodison derby under Koeman and he was the only midfielder I’ve seen physically get on top of the RS doped up yarddogs of Henderson Wijnaldum Milner. He was all over them like a rash but then of course got injured, Barry came on and we were a yard behind them all second half and lost in the last kick.

He was amazing in the 13/14 season. Once his legs weren’t in there the season afterwards Barry and Barkley were just exposed. Criminal that he was injured so often for us.

Never appreciated in his time either

When he was healthy he was a real asset

Didn’t do tekkers or score blammos though, so must have been tosh aye?

We definitely won’t miss him. And if he was so good he’s was 26 at his peak available for 20mil and none of the top 8 from
The previous season were interested.

Gana did have flaws to his game that’s why he went to 2 mid table bottom half prem team glr
7/8 mil but he’s better than doucoure. Stones was 19/20 not many CB’s are perfect at that age.

As for being are best midfielder, Allan is imo and that doesn’t count for much because are midfield is Piss poor.

When we sold lukaku and we were left with Niasse, Tosun and DCL it’s like you saying tosun is our best striker, doesn’t make
Him good enough.

Doucoure has no long term future under frank. Will be gone next summer
Doucoure has mobility which is one up on the rest. No his distribution isn't great but really he is a 8 who likes to burst into the box, who has been asked to be a DM and do others running.

Anyway, Doucoure is one of our only current players who can get about the pitch. Certainly from a central position.

Unless we get a lot more mobility in the squad, he won’t be going anywhere.
Well that’s what will happen was reported the other day frank wants 2 midfielders. And frank dropped doucoure for utd and Leicester at home. Only came back because of Delph not being able ti play 3 games in 6 days and Allan was carrying an injury as well

No one realised how good McCarthy was until he got injured and teams have been walking through our midfield ever since. I remember the first half of the Goodison derby under Koeman and he was the only midfielder I’ve seen physically get on top of the RS doped up yarddogs of Henderson Wijnaldum Milner. He was all over them like a rash but then of course got injured, Barry came on and we were a yard behind them all second half and lost in the last kick.

He was amazing in the 13/14 season. Once his legs weren’t in there the season afterwards Barry and Barkley were just exposed. Criminal that he was injured so often for us.
They used to walk through our midfield quite regularly when he was playing aswell to be fair. McCarthy was another very average footballer but I’d take him at his best over our current options.

Doucoure has mobility which is one up on the rest. No his distribution isn't great but really he is a 8 who likes to burst into the box, who has been asked to be a DM and do others running.
Why does he burst into the box he averages about 4 goals a season in the premier league.

And if you get better footballers who keep the ball better you don’t need headless chickens running all over the place. No point winning the ball if you’re giving it straight back

Cleverly says hi, as does John Oster, Danny Williamson, Simon Davies, Stephen Hughes etc
We've had over 100 worst midfielders than Doucoure.

Why does he burst into the box he averages about 4 goals a season in the premier league.

And if you get better footballers who keep the ball better you don’t need headless chickens running all over the place. No point winning the ball if you’re giving it straight back
Maybe but you need different attributes in a midfield he is the physicality a box to box player we saw he could do it at the start of the season and at Watford he played as a 10 some seasons. I think he's fine he was never going to be an all round complete player at his price and he has at times been really good for us with his energy especially last season. Our biggest issues in midfield are finding a DM who can shield the defence and an attacking midfielder who can create. To get a balance in midfield without that, you have a imbalance of mobility and inability to control possession with your Gomes/Davies/Allan et al...

@Eggs if Richarlison did move for the £70mil+ fee thats been mooted, who would you want Thelwell/Lampard to go for with that level of funds?

Also, what do you think of Gallagher ?

….I really don’t want to lose Richarlison, I think he’s the one player Lampard wants to keep. He only leaves if he wants to leave.

I tend to not get caught up in aspirational suggestions so i have no idea on a replacement, it’s why Thelwell is paid big bucks. I dare say we wouldn’t be spending all the monies on a replacement.

Gallagher looks talented but i think he’s a bit hyped despite his performance against us at Selhurst. He gets lots of mentions on here but I think it’s highly unlikely he’ll be coming to us.

i prefer considering players it looks like we are interested in.

They used to walk through our midfield quite regularly when he was playing aswell to be fair. McCarthy was another very average footballer but I’d take him at his best over our current options.

He was poor on the ball, very limited passing range. That midfield three in 13/14 were decent enough though and probably the best we’ve had for a while (which doesn’t say much). Agree though that we can’t seem to find a midfielder who can put it all together. Even Gueye was pretty poor on the ball as well. Our more technical midfielders have been slow and weak whilst the midfielders who have been able to run can’t do much with the ball.

George Michael
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law
Keane Lewis-Potter - El bobble

Andrew Ridgeley
Gavin Bazunu
- Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Joao Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Harry Winks - SundayPeople ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece **

Status
Not open for further replies.