Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was poor on the ball, very limited passing range. That midfield three in 13/14 were decent enough though and probably the best we’ve had for a while (which doesn’t say much). Agree though that we can’t seem to find a midfielder who can put it all together. Even Gueye was pretty poor on the ball as well. Our more technical midfielders have been slow and weak whilst the midfielders who have been able to run can’t do much with the ball.
That's the issue when you can't shop at the best level and your scouting/recruitment is poor.

@Eggs if Richarlison did move for the £70mil+ fee thats been mooted, who would you want Thelwell/Lampard to go for with that level of funds?

Also, what do you think of Gallagher ?
Gallagher wouldn`t fit the 5-2-3/3-4-3 we are likely to resort to, plays in an attacking 8/10 position.

He was poor on the ball, very limited passing range. That midfield three in 13/14 were decent enough though and probably the best we’ve had for a while (which doesn’t say much). Agree though that we can’t seem to find a midfielder who can put it all together. Even Gueye was pretty poor on the ball as well. Our more technical midfielders have been slow and weak whilst the midfielders who have been able to run can’t do much with the ball.
One of my favorite Everton myths. Of the true midfielders (ie not including someone like Barkley) he was our best midfielder with the ball since Arteta.

Maybe not a super high bar to clear but still.

Gallagher wouldn`t fit the 5-2-3/3-4-3 we are likely to resort to, plays in an attacking 8/10 position.

Hes shown that hes a high energy all round player.

Thats the definition of what type of player suits being in a 2 mqn midfield.

Bissouma is another with more focus on the defensive side but same all round profile.

Hes shown that hes a high energy all round player.

Thats the definition of what type of player suits being in a 2 mqn midfield.

Bissouma is another with more focus on the defensive side but same all round profile.
Gallagher in a two with Doucoure is straight to league one stuff so I'm sure we'll try it

George Michael
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law
Keane Lewis-Potter - El bobble

Andrew Ridgeley
Gavin Bazunu
- Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Joao Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Harry Winks - SundayPeople ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece **
Wait, Fab goes in the Andrew Ridgley column? I thought he was as Gorgeous George as it gets.

One of my favorite Everton myths. Of the true midfielders (ie not including someone like Barkley) he was our best midfielder with the ball since Arteta.

It was so weird that everyone kept parroting the idea that he was crap on the ball. Our midfielders now are devoid of the ability to retain possession. (Besides Delph tbh who’s off this summer anyway)

It was so weird that everyone kept parroting the idea that he was crap on the ball. Our midfielders now are devoid of the ability to retain possession.
It's wild. He's played for PSG against the best teams and been absolutely at that level in possession. He's not Xavi or Modric or something but more than good enough to hang. Imagine Gomes, Doucoure or some of the other crap trying to compete in those matches when they can't even handle Southampton.

I’d probably put Barry above him. Massively underrated.

The best thing about Gueye for me was that he allowed the players in front of him to do their attacking jobs because he did his job so well

Status
Not open for further replies.