Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mate, interesting post, I'd say two things though on what you have us needing, one we won't sign a new left back up - we have the young french? lad returning from loan this summer whose gained a lot of experience and game time this season, also don't see us going out and signing a starting RB and having both Patterson and Coleman in a back up role. Way more likely is we see in pre season if Patterson is ready right now - in which case he becomes the starter, if not then Coleman starts and Patterson spells him with the aim of replacing him this season.
Part of the mess we are in is spending multiple times decent fees for the same starting position (cam being the obvious one) Coleman's on decent money and we paid a decent fee for Patterson - we need to trust him to develop him now.

Overall I don't see any activity in the fullback positions (unless Coleman retires - which I see no hint off yet) also think Lampard will trust Cole to really bring on both Mylenko and Patterson with a full pre season working with them.

Also think Richy will stay, and DCL out the two is much more likely to be the one sold (if either are) but think the club will push hard to try free up money by getting rid of the square pegs first and what it can bring in for craftily structures deals (like the Deli one) loans and such as well.

If we are thinking of FPP given the way amortization works - DCL is more valuable to sell than Richy, also Gray due to a insanely low fee is also very attractive to sell as both entail huge FPP gains.

I'm thinking we will target both clubs that Lampard has contacts with this summer for loans, Chelsea and City. Both have the potential of getting us in a player who'd cost 25-30m for nothing, which given our finances makes sense we focus on this. Often seems we loan at the death as an emergency cover thing, think we need to be proactive and make loans a major priority and early on in the market too. Other clubs do this well.

I hope we work the loan market. We can only do 2 domestic loans, but one from Chelsea (would love it to be Gallagher but would be happy with Broja) and one from City (maybe that Palmer) would be ideal. In all 3 scenarios you can benefit for those clubs too, especially as Lampard will try to do write by them.

I then wonder if Lanpards relationship with Ancelotti may help us getting a loan deal from Madrid too. If you can sort 3 areas of the team out from loans, it will help will FFP enormously. You dont always have to spend big to improve the team.

Think you will find that Gallagher will almost certainly be back at Chelsea next season and due to the introduction of the 5 sub rule so will Gilmour till at least January. The likes of Berkley, Jorginho and Saul will be gone. Saul back to AM , Jorginho to Italy but don’t be surprised if you are offered Ross B for a small fee but as to his reception at your s that’s a different matter.

I do think you will get one of ours on loan but not dare I say any of the names you are thinking of it will be one of the older ones who we won’t want so have to find a loan berth for them.

The words from Tuchel on Gallacher and Broja - hardly inspire the thought he's gonna focus overly on them, kinda a we'll look at them in pre season like we always do loan players and then make decisions on them with the caveat added if it depends also what happens in terms of The current embargo on signing players.

If that's lifted cant see Chelsea not dipping in and buying another cm and even if Jorginho does leave Gallacher would still be behind 3 or 4 players for a starting spot, kinda similar to when Lukaku returned from West Brom in many ways. Tuchel hasn't really shown any willingness to blood younger players when the experienced option is there - kinda Lampard did that with James and Mount already.

The 5 sub rule also really I don't see how it effects a players willingness to stay, the 4-5th subs are pretty much gonna be ones used to kill time end of game and hardly a career path to the first team.

Barkley, even if he wasn't hated here, Lampard bombed him out on loan to Villa when he had him, so why would he want him? The lads the opposite of everything Lampard was, brainless, injury prone, and someone who rather than use every ounce of talent he wasted it all.

I hope we work the loan market. We can only do 2 domestic loans, but one from Chelsea (would love it to be Gallagher but would be happy with Broja) and one from City (maybe that Palmer) would be ideal. In all 3 scenarios you can benefit for those clubs too, especially as Lampard will try to do write by them.

I then wonder if Lanpards relationship with Ancelotti may help us getting a loan deal from Madrid too. If you can sort 3 areas of the team out from loans, it will help will FFP enormously. You dont always have to spend big to improve the team.

I think we will loan Gallacher mate, they know he'll play pretty much every minute under a manager who brought Reece James and Mount on massively, he's under contract till 2025 as well so they won't worry about that. It'd be an easy sell to Gallacher too given his Chelsea/Lampard connection.

After witnessing the reserve team getting trashed yesterday.

The first team squad:-

Keep (16): Pickford, Patterson, Allan, Richarlison (new contract), Calvert-Lewin, Gray, Mina (new contract), Townsend, Begović, Doucouré (execute the option to extend for another year), Iwobi, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Coleman, Gordon, Dele

Loan out (2): Branthwaite, Simms

In sell category (7): Holgate, Keane, Nkounkou, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Rondón

Loan return (2): van der Beek, El Ghazi

Sold, very likely (2): Kean, Virgínia

Release (5): Kenny, Delph, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Lonergan

I think we will loan Gallacher mate, they know he'll play pretty much every minute under a manager who brought Reece James and Mount on massively, he's under contract till 2025 as well so they won't worry about that. It'd be an easy sell to Gallacher too given his Chelsea/Lampard connection.
Gallagher seems to play no.10 from the admittedly little I’ve seen. Certainly wouldn’t prioritise that signing until we’ve got midfielders that can actually pick the ball up and move it forward otherwise he’ll just be another theoretically good, but isolated attacking player in our lineup every week.

hopefully not mate. Would be irresponsible to try to replace both in the same window. If we had our choice I'd keep Richy but him going and DCL staying is more likely. That being said I think Dom will be fine once the team gets some creativity and he's given service. Tore it up under Carlo

ye if it had to be a scenario it would be that mate!

All the wannabe scouts on twitter all fell over themselves for that Kamara Villa have signed. They did the same with Bailey so I'm sceptical. A free agent from Marseille should be going higher than them if he were any good

Status
Not open for further replies.