Sam Johnstone (29) Free

OUT
Richarlison £60m (£100k pw)
Pickford £45m (£100k pw)
Mina £5m (£120k pw)
Gomes £5m (£120k pw)
Allan £5m (£60k pw)
Gbamin £3m (£50k pw)
Sigurdsson - contract expires (£100k pw)
Delph - contract expires (£90k pw)
Tosun - contract expires (£60k pw)
Van Der Beek - back to United (£?k pw)
El Ghazi - off to wherever(£?k pw)

£45m spent, £123m received and big money saved on wages (though we may have to subsidise wages of Mina, Gomes, Allan and Gbamin). If the figures above are close to the figures we are paying those players then getting that group off the wage bill will amount to over £800+k per week, that is £40+m per annum. Yes we'll have to pay the incoming players big wages but nothing close to £40m, assuming we've learned something from the last few years.
So your leaving us with Dom and Rondon as forwards?

Kamara would’ve been the perfect signing for us, really surprised we haven’t thrown a load of cash his way.

43 and 48 appearances in his last two seasons, only 22 years old, a proper CDM (played a lot at CB) who can play the ball. We’re desperate for that kind of player.

One thing that I’m surprised by is how Villa have spent so much in recent years without much press or discussion about it.

Last 3 seasons

21/22: Slight net spend despite £100m from Grealish sale. Additions of Digne, Ings, Buendia, Bailey, Chambers, Young, Coutinho. Must be £500-600k pw of NEW wages onto their wage bill?

20/21: Net spend of £90m
19/20: Net spend of £140m

And recently there was a league view of funds from owners in the last 5 or so years, with us and Villa having a similar amount of cash injection from owners.

Now that they’ve spent £20m on Coutinho and made him permanent, it would be impressive to see their spending continue.

We need a huge summer of rebuild to be able to keep up with them, Newcastle, Leicester, West Ham, never mind the top 6.
Doubt we can commit till we sell? Maybe wages but its never free is it it's always a signing on fee et al

I edited to 100m.
that would make more sense. 70m for Richarlison, 30m for DCL. although I think we get could more depending whose involved. DCL is only 25 and had 16 in 33 last year when he was healthy and in a competent setup, plus being homegrown and English.

Our new DOF is known for getting squads age down so I think the likes of Allan, Gomes, Rondon, Keane, Mina, will be off I think ... Probably Richy maybe Dom depending on the offers. Then the out of contract players.

we won’t sell both
hopefully not mate. Would be irresponsible to try to replace both in the same window. If we had our choice I'd keep Richy but him going and DCL staying is more likely. That being said I think Dom will be fine once the team gets some creativity and he's given service. Tore it up under Carlo

For all those on the Dwight McNeill is the answer bangwagon.....:

Gordon is better and hopefully sign someone decent from abroad for the other side. Gray and Townsend when he gets back around November will be the back ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.