Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's difficult for a player like him to look good in a team as poor as Norwich. He's still only 20 though and as prospects go, he's one of the better ones I've seen in recent years. The ball-carrying ability, the way he wants to get passes moving through midfield - it's a quality we are sadly lacking and as long as we don't fill the team with tiny players, we could easily cope with one. Kante is an inch smaller than him, for example.

If there's any sort of prospect of getting him, we should be all over it.
The only thing I would say about him is that if Chelsea really though of him as a prospect they would never have sent him to somewhere like Norwich under a clueless tool like Farke.

I think we have , as fans , to prepare ourselves for a negative spend this summer.

A net spend makes no financial.sense given our perilous financial position and the FFP hole that we have dug for ourselves.

We appear to be working hand in glove with PL to improve our situation so a net spend would be crazy.

As Frank has already alluded to we have to be creative .

It's as much about wage savings as fees. We would spend more on fees than we bring in and still make big savings if the squad is smaller and on far low wages

Why are people still linking us with Max Aarons. He is nowhere near as good as people think, and not even as good as Byram

And the McNeil thing is just a bit daft as well. They would want 25m for an attacking wide player who can't score goals. We have enough players like that as it is.
The Aarons thing is crazy, no idea why people are still going on about it, even in a Norwich team his numbers are pretty poor. There isn't really anyone Id want from the relegated teams tbh

I'd try and keep one of DCL/Richy. To me it seems very risky to sell both. I'd expect that only if we had gone down.

Sell one and let Pickford go as well if he wants to. With other players leaving, that should generate enough funds to make a start on reshaping the squad.

Can we stop bigging up Burnley players. Bunch of cloggers.
This!! And for the money they'd want we could get so much more if we looked around.
I can maybe understand the Tarkowski links as we are massively short on senior CB's and leaders but even then, for the wages he could demand we can probably find better bang for our buck.

Think you’d have to look at from the relegated players

Tarkowski, Cornet (if available low price) and maybe Foster (if he was willing to be back up to Pickford).

That aside we’ve got very little Money to spend so I can totally see why people are scraping the barrel.

Wouldn’t be totally shocked to see us get a few Chelsea players in such as Colwill & Gallagher with Lampards connection etc

It’s quite easy for baby average players to stand out in appalling teams. Goalkeepers (Pickford) can show their shot stopping skills in particular, and someone like Gueye, who was behind only Kante in key metrics for his position despite playing for a rancid Villa team is an understandable signing but signing a yard dog because he’s not quite as crap as the others and “free” is not the model we should be following.

If there’s anyone from Burnley I’d like us to go for it’d be that Collins lad; young, very energetic and looks like he has the raw materials to be decent. Not a fan of McNeil purely because I CBA with small players.
McNeil is 6 foot...

I'd try and keep one of DCL/Richy. To me it seems very risky to sell both. I'd expect that only if we had gone down.

Sell one and let Pickford go as well if he wants to. With other players leaving, that should generate enough funds to make a start on reshaping the squad.
Can’t see any takers for DCL at least until the end of the window.
He’s nearly been out for a full season, reckon Newcastle could come in for him towards the end of the window if he shows some decent early season form.

Richarlison owes us nothing and will be gone, with the best wishes of us all I hope.

We would have to buy one, as you can only have one loan from a club. Buy Gilmor loan Gallagher.

Think you will find that Gallagher will almost certainly be back at Chelsea next season and due to the introduction of the 5 sub rule so will Gilmour till at least January. The likes of Berkley, Jorginho and Saul will be gone. Saul back to AM , Jorginho to Italy but don’t be surprised if you are offered Ross B for a small fee but as to his reception at your s that’s a different matter.

I do think you will get one of ours on loan but not dare I say any of the names you are thinking of it will be one of the older ones who we won’t want so have to find a loan berth for them.

Think you will find that Gallagher will almost certainly be back at Chelsea next season and due to the introduction of the 5 sub rule so will Gilmour till at least January. The likes of Berkley, Jorginho and Saul will be gone. Saul back to AM , Jorginho to Italy but don’t be surprised if you are offered Ross B for a small fee but as to his reception at your s that’s a different matter.

I do think you will get one of ours on loan but not dare I say any of the names you are thinking of it will be one of the older ones who we won’t want so have to find a loan berth for them.

I'm not sure there will be many takers for Barkley mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.