Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that’s not a good enough back 3 to keep the ball, also mykolenko is not a
Good enough wing back for me.
I think mykolenko could be a good left side CB as he’s solid defensively and comfortable on the ball. Most teams that use have a full back in one of the wide positions.

One or even two, have to join in as an extra midfielder at times.
I agree that is we play a back 3 then I'm not sure Myko is good enough offensively. It would also require Patterson to be trusted and come on quickly.

I really hope we go to a back four and upgrade our midfield to better protect ourselves defensively.

A new CB, quality DM and CM, and keep all Richie, DCL and Pickford, plus lose another tranche of the dross and that will be a really good summer

George Michael
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law
Keane Lewis-Potter - El bobble

Andrew Ridgeley
Gavin Bazunu
- Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Joao Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Harry Winks - SundayPeople ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic

Transfer!

George Michael
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law
Keane Lewis-Potter - El bobble

Andrew Ridgeley
Gavin Bazunu
- Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Joao Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Harry Winks - SundayPeople ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic
I have no idea who 90% of these players are but if we dont sign them there will be hell to pay

I still think that’s not a good enough back 3 to keep the ball, also mykolenko is not a
Good enough wing back for me.
I think mykolenko could be a good left side CB as he’s solid defensively and comfortable on the ball. Most teams that use have a full back in one of the wide positions.

One or even two, have to join in as an extra midfielder at times.

Myko has only just turned 23 and adapting to the league. He doesnt lose the ball so in a style which we expect Lampard to favour that fits.

Both Branthwaite and Colwill can keep the ball...being eased in. If you notice with Colwill especially (and perhaps Branthwaite when the chains are off) --he can sit high up the pitch making passes that break the lines as well as switching the play.

That is what you want to happen, not what is likely to happen.

I would say that Keane, Holgate, and even Godfrey would be sold for the right price . Mina will almost certainly leave in my opinion.
Of those remaining I think Godfrey is the one most likely to be the subject of a bid.
If Keane is still in the team next season we'll do nothing.

This is a fatal error to consider keeping him.

Bigger club, bigger wages, higher profile, manager he idolizes and sees as the role model for his own style of play.

Palace are currently better (pretty much down to this lads contribution in a way), but let's not make out Everton aren't a hugely bigger draw in comparison mate.
We can flip that though. He knows Palace, the management, players and style of play. He knows it suits him and he can excel there. He's local and so has family & friends close by. He knows that neither us nor Palace are going to win anything but if he excels one of the top 6 will look to sign him. We haven't won a single trophy in his entire lifetime. It's difficult to argue that we're "a hugely bigger draw" in his particular case.

He'd be a great signing if we could manage it though.

Garner (loan)
C. Doucoure
Tarkowski (free)
Colwill (loan)
Lewis-Potter
Broja

Have to think we will we will need a negative net spend - could see a window sort of like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.