Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether that quote from the Carlisle coach was correct or not, you only have to watch him for us to see he plays on the left-hand side and uses his left for nearly all his passes. Naturally right or left he is left-footed for us.
Maybe that explains the Brentford red card, he clearly forgot what foot he uses.

We dont have a natural left footer...Colwill also looks like the old cliche of 'having the lot'.

Wouldnt be surprised to see him as a starter for Chelsea in 11 months and in the England squad.

We then have Branthwaite who should be central in a 3. But hes not ready yet so ideal backup for Tarkowski...

Bring those two in and thats the back line sorted out long term.
I think our spending power will be limited this summer . Branthwaite and Reece Welch should be pushing to get gametime next season together with Keane, Godfrey ,Holgate and Tarkowski( or somebody like Tarkowski) ,I just don't think we will plough more scarce resources into that area.

I think our spending power will be limited this summer . Branthwaite and Reece Welch should be pushing to get gametime next season together with Keane, Godfrey ,Holgate and Tarkowski( or somebody like Tarkowski) ,I just don't think we will plough more scarce resources into that area.
I think it benefits us to go with 3 CBs.

If we land the targets id go with:

Pickford
Godfrey Tarkowski Holgate
Branthwaite + Colwill rotating in until they take a starting position.

Sell Keane + Mina.

Thats not going to take away any resources.

You can’t have Branthwaite as 5th choice,
He needs game time. Welch as 5th choice back up. Also if we could shift Mina and one other of Keane/holgate. That should give us money to go and buy another quality CB.

Going off what you would like. Another injury crisis and it could be Keane and holgate for 20/25 games next season which would be a disaster.

Pickford

Sell Keane + Mina.

I still think that’s not a good enough back 3 to keep the ball, also mykolenko is not a
Good enough wing back for me.
I think mykolenko could be a good left side CB as he’s solid defensively and comfortable on the ball. Most teams that use have a full back in one of the wide positions.

One or even two, have to join in as an extra midfielder at times.

George Michael
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law
Keane Lewis-Potter - El bobble

Andrew Ridgeley
Gavin Bazunu
- Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Joao Palhinha - RecordPT ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Harry Winks - SundayPeople ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** Maxwell Cornet - Mike McGrath ** James Garner - The Athletic
CCV would be a sneaky good signing

Pickford

Sell Keane + Mina.

That is what you want to happen, not what is likely to happen.

I would say that Keane, Holgate, and even Godfrey would be sold for the right price . Mina will almost certainly leave in my opinion.
Of those remaining I think Godfrey is the one most likely to be the subject of a bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.