Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or hes just not as good as KDB, Rodri or Bernardo Silva in midfield, which is no disgrace.

Look at Delph. Was similar, and when fit was a really good player for us. Imagine getting Delph at 25, with no injury issues.

Off the top of my head, Milner, Barry, Delph, Zinkovic all played lb for city despite all 4s best position being cm.

Whst do the top three all have in common (injury free Delph)

His best position is cm, he's good enough out of position to play lb for city, kinda answers that mate
It really doesn't answer it at all.

Being competent enough to play at LB in a team that hardly defends does not automatically mean you'd be good enough to play CM for an EPL team, it means you're good enough to play 28 times in a season in all competitions at LB for an EPL team that hardly needs to defend.

It really doesn't answer it at all.

Being competent enough to play at LB in a team that hardly defends does not automatically mean you'd be good enough to play CM for an EPL team, it means you're good enough to play 28 times in a season in all competitions at LB for an EPL team that hardly needs to defend.

The same way 3 other center mids Delph, Milner, Barry where all deemed good enough to play out of position for city at LB

I'd say given their history/track record that kinda strongly suggests he's a half decent centre mid mate.

The same way 3 other center mids Delph, Milner, Barry where all deemed good enough to play out of position for city at LB

I'd say given their history/track record that kinda strongly suggests he's a half decent centre mid mate.
Weren’t they all CMs by trade who filled in there, though? I may be wrong but I don’t remember Zinchenko playing CM at all for them.

A few posters (including myself) are of the opinion that as he plays LB for you but CM for Ukraine he may be able to play DM.

Its either that or LWB with Mykolenko LCB in a 3.

Or Zincheko LCM in a 3 man midfield.
He plays LB for us and as a LCM for Ukraine. Never played as a DM 6 for us and I doubt he's physical enough now unless he bulks up, plus he's no experience as a 6.

He's done it for Ukraine, pretty sure against England in Euros. Maybe mistaken like.
That seems to be the general view, so I’m guessing he must have done. I just think if he’s spent his entire international career there but hasn’t been trusted there for City, there’s something missing at this level. To look at him, I’d say he looks lightweight but I’d probably have said that about Kante before I saw him play, so who knows?!

That seems to be the general view, so I’m guessing he must have done. I just think if he’s spent his entire international career there but hasn’t been trusted there for City, there’s something missing at this level. To look at him, I’d say he looks lightweight but I’d probably have said that about Kante before I saw him play, so who knows?!

On a different note, his other half is stunning

On a different note, his other half is stunning
CgAGVmDc5pSAPg-PAAC4aKykFUE158.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.