Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m intrigued by Joao Palhinha as well for that defensive mid role. I wonder what his value is, though. A bit older than others but still very well regarded and has become a Portugal international. Could be out of our range depending on outgoings.
Aswell if the gk is involved going the pther way could maybe help

But if we sell richarlison, which I think will happen we have 2 wide players. Townsend is never playing for us again. Gray should be a squad option so wee need a starter and another squad option/ youngster. We’re unlikely to spend 60mil on two wide players, so have to get Value, which cornet would be imo

The bloke Cornet would be a good addition.

Cornet is a waste of money.

Im amazed this is a topic of conversation.

£17.5mil when a few mil more gets you a KLP or a Johnson.

Maybe Florian Grillitsch can be that guy for us. Deep lying playmaker who we’ve been linked with and who I admittedly have never seen play. But he sounds like a good fit based on what I’ve heard and is a free agent, so fits our budget.

Look at his injuries.

Yeah I’m intrigued by Joao Palhinha as well for that defensive mid role. I wonder what his value is, though. A bit older than others but still very well regarded and has become a Portugal international. Could be out of our range depending on outgoings.

He has looked class in Portugal for 2 seasons.

I agree with Mark Douglas.

No need to sell Richarlison, DCL or Pickford. But they need to extend their contracts even if we add (high) release clauses.

Move out Kean, Allan, Keane, Gray, Gomes, Gbamin to generate funds.

Spend the money on u23 aged players and use the loan/free agent market.

This. Spot on.

One advantage of Cornet is he can play left back/left wing and striker gives us back up and rotation in all those areas.
Cornet’s a good player, but for the price Burnley will charge for him there’s likely much better options out there I feel.

Ideally I’d like to see us showing evidence of a scouting network for once and bringing in players who aren’t washed up premier league castoffs

This Michut lad who is leaving PSG over lack of playing time sounds like the kind of player I always think we should go for.

Euro experts of GOT, is he the type that Sevilla or Atalanta will be selling for £50m in two years' time?

I agree with Mark Douglas.

No need to sell Richarlison, DCL or Pickford. But they need to extend their contracts even if we add (high) release clauses.

Move out Kean, Allan, Keane, Gray, Gomes, Gbamin to generate funds.

Spend the money on u23 aged players and use the loan/free agent market.

Two players doesn't sound like a rebuild? I think we will have to sell someone we don't want to because they will want out and we need six players and room for that I think Richy but it could be Dom or Pickford depends on the offers. I see Richy having more of a market. I'd rather keep DCL for two reasons we won't get what we would have due to this injury hit season( I would rather we try and build his value again before selling)plus we would have to replace what he brings on a limited budget not easy.

Two players doesn't sound like a rebuild? I think we will have to sell someone we don't want to because they will want out and we need six players and room for that I think Richy but it could be Dom or Pickford depends on the offers. I see Richy having more of a market.
In: Tarkowski (free), Palhinha (£21m plus Virgínia), Gallagher (loan), Cornet (£17.5m if we can’t get Johnson).

Released: Kenny, Delph, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Lonergan

Out: Allan (Lazio £6m), Kean (Juventus £24m), Gomes (Fulham £5m), Virgínia (part of the Palhinha deal), Rondón (RCD Mallorca £1m), Broadhead (Sunderland £900K)

New contracts given to Pickford, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin and Mina.

We don’t need more strikers both Richy and DCL can play up front.

If we play 5 at the back we may possibly keep 5 senior CB for rotation and injuries. Loan out Branthwaite.

We won’t break ffp and build around our best players.

Cornet is a waste of money.

Im amazed this is a topic of conversation.

£17.5mil when a few mil more gets you a KLP or a Johnson.

Look at his injuries.

He has looked class in Portugal for 2 seasons.
You’re happy to take a punt on a guy who’s 27 next month only ever played in a weak Portuguese league and only has 12 caps for his country. I haven’t seen him loads I will be honest but for what I’ve read he’s quite slow and passes back and sideways most of the time. Sounds like another Schneiderlin and what will he cost 25/30mil.

Yet a guy who’s come into the league and played for a defensive team and one of the poorest in the league, you think he’s a waste of money. It would be mental us paying more for KLP and Johnson. Yes buy one fair enough and it’s the way we need to go, buying younger players With huge potential, But I think cornet would be good value for 17mil

You’re happy to take a punt on a guy who’s 27 next month only ever played in a weak Portuguese league and only has 12 caps for his country. I haven’t seen him loads I will be honest but for what I’ve read he’s quite slow and passes back and sideways most of the time. Sounds like another Schneiderlin and what will he cost 25/30mil.

Yet a guy who’s come into the league and played for a defensive team and one of the poorest in the league, you think he’s a waste of money. It would be mental us paying more for KLP and Johnson. Yes buy one fair enough and it’s the way we need to go, buying younger players With huge potential, But I think cornet would be good value for 17mil

Clearly i didnt write this.

What I wrote was rather different, "He has looked class in Portugal for 2 seasons".

I wouldnt go for him because for the transfer fee he would cost and the wages he would command along with the risk of moving leagues....its not worth it at this time.

If you think Cornet is "good value" at £17.5million then Im intrigued to learn how much you would value a winger who can cross a ball or assist.

He's a headless chicken whose managed to slot 9 goals but failed in everything else. Huge risk.

KLP and Johnson have far higher ceilings and look superior players already than Cornet....hes worse than Gray and equally as selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.