Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon also struggles to last a full 90 minutes. Once he hits 70 minutes his effectiveness wanes massively.

Having him and Cornet rotating would give us options with Richarlison and Gray rotating on the left.

Townie to then be used as emergency cover only / in the early cup rounds.

Cornet + Gray ????!!!!!!!

Im very disappointed with you.

We don't really have a defensive midfielder in the squad. Delph was the closest we had. He obviously doesn't fancy Gbamin, I saw some links to Paulina at Sporting. I could see that being a position where a bit of experience is added.

He sort of tried Van der Beek and Gomes there, and it didn't work.
Paulina: any reliable links?

Think for me the priorities in order are:
A right back that can get forward
An athletic centre/defensive mid who can play under pressure
A centre back who’s not a coward (ideally with pace)
Someone who can score goals from the right

Not confident we have the budget for all that, but if we can nail the first two on the list and then find creative options for the second two I don’t think we have to worry about relegation again.

We only just avoided relegation last season and have FFP problems mate.

I think people need to reign in expectations until one of DCL/Richarlison/Pickford is sold to wipe the books clean / another 1-2 summers of big earners coming off the books.
We may sell, we dont have to and can buy without selling.

Im not sure why you'd want Cornet or Gray playing games.

1 is bad enough and should be sold...but two?!?!?!

Very disappointed with you. Tears in my eyes here...

:(

Anyone that has Gray as player of the year has a weird opinion. Cornet is a good player, but I think we’ve seen his ceiling. He’d do as good a job as a Gray or Townsend signing and they’re probably worth 15m so I get what you’re saying but I’d just rather we signed someone who could really kick on and be special.

If we signed Cornet and stopped playing Gordon who could be special one day, that would be a bad move for me, even if Cornet might contribute more next season than Gordon.
He is deffo better than Gray. Gray averaged out very quickly, Cornet offered more in general

Anyone that has Gray as player of the year has a weird opinion. Cornet is a good player, but I think we’ve seen his ceiling. He’d do as good a job as a Gray or Townsend signing and they’re probably worth 15m so I get what you’re saying but I’d just rather we signed someone who could really kick on and be special.

If we signed Cornet and stopped playing Gordon who could be special one day, that would be a bad move for me, even if Cornet might contribute more next season than Gordon.
I think he could play on the right. I get what your saying but imo he looks after 2/3rds of a season to have a much higher ceiling than Townsend and gray. Both bang average. I can see keeping Gordon left, maybe gray as back up.

But if we sell richarlison we need two more. Maybe a youngster Johnson or this
Kid from hull. The problem is loads of our fans wanted Bailey, villa paid like 35 mil I know
He missed a lot of time with injuries, but still looks Miles off, then Pepe who we were jealous of arsenal getting him as he smashed it in the French League, he cost 72mil. The type player we could afford or attract doesn’t give us a big window. And buying from abroad is still a gamble, just think for the situation we’re in and for 17mil he’d be a good buy

We only just avoided relegation last season and have FFP problems mate.

I think people need to reign in expectations until one of DCL/Richarlison/Pickford is sold to wipe the books clean / another 1-2 summers of big earners coming off the books.
Why do we have to wipe the books clean, loads of teams have loses every Season. The only way we avoid loses going forward, is basically to sell our best player every summer and only buy young players on low wages or
Hope we get lucky on the field and start qualifying for the champions league, added to extra revenue from the new ground and better sponsorship deals.

That looks a long way off, so I can see the club still working with a debt, a more manageable one, but if we have a manageable debt and moshiri wants to keep us £1 under the P&S rules, there’s nothing stopping him.

It’s the only way he can still back the manager for the next few years.

A right back that can get forward
An athletic centre/defensive mid who can play under pressure
A centre back who’s not a coward (ideally with pace)
Someone who can score goals from the right

Not confident we have the budget for all that, but if we can nail the first two on the list and then find creative options for the second two I don’t think we have to worry about relegation again.
We have a RB that can go forward.

We may sell, we dont have to and can buy without selling.

Im not sure why you'd want Cornet or Gray playing games.

1 is bad enough and should be sold...but two?!?!?!

Very disappointed with you. Tears in my eyes here...

:(
But if we sell richarlison, which I think will happen we have 2 wide players. Townsend is never playing for us again. Gray should be a squad option so wee need a starter and another squad option/ youngster. We’re unlikely to spend 60mil on two wide players, so have to get Value, which cornet would be imo

A right back that can get forward: Already have in Patterson
An athletic centre/defensive mid who can play under pressure: Paulinha?
A centre back who’s not a coward (ideally with pace): Tarkowski?
Someone who can score goals from the right: Brennan Johnson

So basically 1 free and 2 buys, you'd think we could handle that.

Honestly, we need way more than just 1 CM. At least 2 but 3 would be ideal.

Pretty much agree - I half expect that we will target someone 'like' Barry - Lampard wanted Rice (before he really kicked on) at Chelsea, so it highlights the kind of player profile he wants fur that role, be interesting to see who we target in that position especially as feel it's crucial to get that right and have experience there especially if we go with a lot of younger options in other recruitment.
Maybe Florian Grillitsch can be that guy for us. Deep lying playmaker who we’ve been linked with and who I admittedly have never seen play. But he sounds like a good fit based on what I’ve heard and is a free agent, so fits our budget.

So basically 1 free and 2 buys, you'd think we could handle that.

Honestly, we need way more than just 1 CM. At least 2 but 3 would be ideal.
Yeah I’m intrigued by Joao Palhinha as well for that defensive mid role. I wonder what his value is, though. A bit older than others but still very well regarded and has become a Portugal international. Could be out of our range depending on outgoings.

Status
Not open for further replies.