Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people acting like we didn’t sign Maupay the other day? Yeah it would’ve been nice to get another forward in but it’s not the end of the world that some are making it out to be.

Literally any forward we were planning on bringing in today was not a starter, that was never the plan. We’re not relying on Calvert Lewin by himself, Maupay, Gray and Gordon should quite comfrtoably be aiming for at least 6 goals each this season, plus whatever Calvert Lewin will get.

I swear some of you on here would prefer us to fail just so you could say “I told you so”. Club has made massive progress this summer in the market and if people try to act like Richarlison was some mythical being that can’t be replaced despite only scoring 2 more than Maupay last year then that’s up to you to cry about. Look at it this way, Maupay and McNeil or Richarlison and Rondon, becuase that’s basically what we’ve done, I think we’re better off now.

We’ll be absolutely fine. Last season we had a good goalkeeper, alright wingers and a good striker. Even if you say Maupay is the “starting” striker which he isn’t, he’s a downgrade, aside from Pickford literally every other area of the team has improved, massively in most places. If you can’t or won’t see that then you’re ignorant.

Our best 11 is better in a good 5-7 positions than is was last year and worse in just one. That’s progress.

Lampard was very clear after Maupay signed that he believed we still needed more attacking help. We can all have our opinions but if the window shuts and that has not been delivered he will not be 100% satisfied and it will not be “his team” as he ideally wanted it.

Defo they are different players, which I think is good for the squad. Doesn’t mean both can’t hit decent numbers with good service though.

Conversely doesn’t mean they both won’t be crap. Same could be said for absolutely anyone we signed though.

I’d have loved us to get one of those raw, firecracker style players in because they scare defenders with their presence. I’m honestly not that bothered about missing out on another “number 9”.

I guess the question now is, if we get forward line reinforcements in January and survive with more than 3 games to spare, do we say that’s a successful season overall? Personally I’d say yes but I know that’s not the case for everyone. Beauty of a forum, innit?
But how much damage is done by January? We saw just how close we came to to pre January destruction last season.

If DCL was reliable and we knew we’d get 30 league games out of him. I’d be resly
Pleased with with the window barring maybe a quality right sided attacker. But his injuries and breaking down regularly prove we cannot rely on him.

It’s such a gamble, particularly when Rondon is the understudy

Only three months until the break for the World Cup and about 12 games. May as well wait until January window for someone decent rather than a gamble on Diaz

Gordon replacing Richy as left forward and already 1/5 of his goals this season, McNeil in for cover, Maupay better cover for Dominic Calvert-Lewin than Rondon.

Much stronger in defence and central midfield.

We've seen some better performances already, lets build on it.

Another forward would have been nice, but want to stay positive as I feel we're better than this time last year.
Best way of looking at it I've read on here. We'd be extremely, extremely unlucky to suffer another injury to DCL that keeps him out of 3+ games. Might happen, but let's hope not. Maupay can step in, Gordon can step up, Gray can hopefully do as he did last year and perform well up to Christmas. Maybe it's not all bad.

Im happy to back Lampard / Thelwell. They’ve had tough conditions and I think the business we’ve don’t this summer has been pretty good all things considered.

I just still think we’re an attacker light, I like Maupay and think he’ll get 7/8 for us, McNeil I’m sure will be better when there’s a striker in the side. But he won’t score many.

Even with Dominic Calvert-Lewin fit, I’m not confident in him w/ Maupay / Gray / Gordon / McNeil to get the goals. Hopefully I’m wrong
Fair enough mate. An attacker light is a lot better position than we started the summer in, at least!!

Status
Not open for further replies.