Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sell DCL for 50m, it means we have 50m to spend, IMO.

I know about the profit and all that jazz, but we dont even have a shirt sponsor atm, we lost Uncle Uzis cashflow, prudence will be the key this summer, as I say, especially with beedy eyes on us.

I'd probably go along with that. Some of the money will be used to help the P&L smooth over. I think we will sell Richarlison & Calvert Lewin, and at best re-invest what we make on them over the next 18 months or so, while we use the rest to help the P&L.

If we sold both for 100m say, the net profit would probably be 80m. If we spent 100m and spread it as you typically would over say 3 years, that would be a 30m (ish) spend) and allowing for 50m to be paid off the P&L. It probably helps us stay under the 3 year level.

If last year is accepted it helps us too, as we hardly showed any loss. But essentially we need to sell players to generate profit to be ok. 1 big profit year stays in the books for 3 years, so will help. I happen to think Pickford and Godfrey could also go if the right offers came in.

According to the accounts as the crow flies we posted an overall loss of 80 odd million in the last three year cycle, so 25-30 mill scope in that. + any profit lol & player sales. We welcome last summer and the Jan transfer window, to the three year cycle this year.

Sadly though, its a regular misconception that our losses are mostly attributed to what we spend in the transfer window - they aren't they are down to a wage to turnover ratio of over 90% in the main, at last reading.

We also have a bit of storm brewing on sponsorship revenue - we don't look to have sorted heading into the window.

We have to factor in though, the club as standard loses what 50m a season due to wages or whatever. I know there's probably about 40m coming off the wage bill, but we will need to replace a lot of that.

So essentially a couple of big sales will really help us.

Of course he has upside, but the injury record is not good and his wages would be astronomical. He is on a contract at Chelsea far and above what we could offer.
I don't think Lampard is a big CHO fan anyway. Had him in an Alli type situation at Chelsea.

Assuming Dom goes we need a striker and a back up. We need a proper holding midfielder. We need reinforcements at RB as no gaurentees Patterson will be Prem standard yet esp with a lay off and Coleman at best should only be back up at RB. We'll need to cover outgoings such as Delph and Gomes too. So two CMs there. We're needing a lot. Could potentially need a Pickford and or Richarlison replacement too

….I’d be surprised if Lampard doesn’t use Simms as back-up striker next season. Much then depends on whether DCL or Richarlison leaves.

if neither does, then I don’t see us acquiring a striker. Dobbin will come into the reckoning as a wide attacker.

Disappointing if Kenny is given a new deal. Stanley Mills is already a better RB and Nkounkou will be back as LB option.

I can see us strengthening at CB and central midfield.

Our issue is going to be if Dominic Calvert Lewin goes. But I'd probably say, in our situation what you say makes sense. Rondon has been marginally better too.

Following Watford's relegation to the Championship, Ismaïla Sarr has a good chance of leaving the Hornets at the next Mercato . Indeed, the 24-year-old Senegalese international winger who arrived in 2019 for 30 million euros from Stade Rennais, will not be retained by his club in the event of an interesting offer.

And that's good, several Premier League teams are interested in Ismaïla Sarr. These include Newcastle, Everton and especially Crystal Palace. Indeed, Patrick Vieira greatly appreciates the profile of the former Rennes player.

Under contract until 2024 at Watford, Ismaïla Sarr is estimated at 27 million euros by the specialized site Transfermarkt. It should nevertheless not be sold for less than €35m. According to our information, a German club whose name has not been communicated to us is also interested in the Senegalese international.

Unlikely.

Sarr would be a great signing but feel that's someone we only sign if Richarlison goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.