Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedro is as close as we can get to replicating the purchase of Richarlison. He can play right across the front line. He is still raw and inconsistent but he has terrific work rate. Very similar to the Richy we bought. He is absolutely who we should be buying alongside a more ‘ready now’ option IMO.
this is enough for me offer them 80m

Knew I shouldn't have logged in today. See the name Morelos mentioned and immediately want to vomit.....

It would send me over the edge

Pedro is as close as we can get to replicating the purchase of Richarlison. He can play right across the front line. He is still raw and inconsistent but he has terrific work rate. Very similar to the Richy we bought. He is absolutely who we should be buying alongside a more ‘ready now’ option IMO.
I think its important though to play out that signing at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 and the distinctions between process and outcome paramount in contextualizing our business under Moshiri. I love Richy, but we also got a bit lucky or really right on in the scouting end of things with that deal. We frankly overpaid for what he was at the moment. It wasn't costly and he ended up a great blue, but I think we had a poor process arriving to that signing that is clearly reflected in the the handful of bad deals that coincided over his tenure. We have overspent with an absolute assurance that the players we've targeted would kick on absent of value. Thats just unrealistic or at least not really a repeatable model.

There is a world where we invested the amount we did in Richy over a myriad of positions and were able to make similar profit over multiple heads and or would not have been left a chasm hole in his absence. One of Brands scouts I guess can say he has a magic eye but I dont think it works like that.

Moving forward our business has to factor that level of risk and or offer more chances than having just one Richarlison on the squad (that could possibly live or die with his absence). I think that starts by investing smaller amounts over an array of positions that can possibly bring in immediate quality but factors profit for reinvestment down the line and error in the process.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.