Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The obsession with the local extremely overpriced market is baffling, most of our fans were happy to pay 20M+ for Sar, Denis and now Joao Pedro knowing that all 3 of them were playing in the same team last year, the team that was worse than us and got relegated, Broja is the next Pele according to almost every Evertonian, his stats and Youtube videos are average at best.
Pedro is even worse than Broja.

The thing with Gordon in my opinion mate, is that he isnt crystallised in terms of the player he is - he isnt it hes 6 months into being a starter and his incremental improvement year on year has been huge - why do we expect this not to continue. Im defo not arguing he doesn't have developmental needs i can easily break them down, i do think its a very high possibility he improves on those - Chelsea clearly do to.
There is almost a herd like mentality at times, such as this situation but as you say, the 'experts' all see a top drawer player in Gordon, and have made moves to buy him and on our part to keep him. It will be a sad loss if he does go but losing our better players has become a feature of the club.

Why is the list of striker's getting longer and longer, we will end up with somebody on the last day probably in the last hour and probably a loan. Why can't the people who deal with this not see that we needed a striker 3 weeks ago. Blind leading the blind,we should be used to this by now but it never gets better.

Sell Gordon for £60m, sign Sarr for £20m, Kudus on loan, and use £30m to sign as good a striker as we can from the continent. We'd be much, MUCH improved for it. £10m remaining goes towards out FFP P&L or whatever it's called.

Why is the list of striker's getting longer and longer, we will end up with somebody on the last day probably in the last hour and probably a loan. Why can't the people who deal with this not see that we needed a striker 3 weeks ago. Blind leading the blind,we should be used to this by now but it never gets better.
Striker is the hardest position on the pitch to fill. Clubs that are selling fight to extract every last pound, so you don't tend to see a ton of moves for them early in the window. When you do, it's usually something like Haaland moving to City that was already lined up due to a release clause.

Think about it this way - we lined up a couple of solid loans elsewhere on the pitch early in the window, but we all know there's no way any club will sanction the loan of a striker in their squad before deadline day. They all know that if their main option gets hurt, they're going to want that third-choice player that's currently surplus to requirements.

Terrier came out and said he was staying put after having a ton of clubs in for him. Guirassy may be a player we swerve if we have more to spend, or he may not. I haven't seen much lately about Ajorque or the other striker we were briefly linked with. That's all the ones I recall.

Gueye is obviously one where PSG is trying to get us to up our offer to cover settling the wage disparity between his PSG contract and ours.
Ajorque for about 15 is still one I’d strongly consider if we don’t get Broja. He’s a bit older than we want to make a habit of but he’s big, strong and can finish and so can offer an instant and obvious goal threat, which could be greatly important if we spend the rest on younger guys who may have a bit of a bedding in period we can’t necessarily afford to have.

Sell Gordon for £60m, sign Sarr for £20m, Kudus on loan, and use £30m to sign as good a striker as we can from the continent. We'd be much, MUCH improved for it. £10m remaining goes towards out FFP P&L or whatever it's called.

Unless we can spend £30m on a striker anyway.

The thing with Gordon in my opinion mate, is that he isnt crystallised in terms of the player he is - he isnt it hes 6 months into being a starter and his incremental improvement year on year has been huge - why do we expect this not to continue. Im defo not arguing he doesn't have developmental needs i can easily break them down, i do think its a very high possibility he improves on those - Chelsea clearly do to.
I get that... but £60m. I'm not shedding any tears if it happens tbh.

Striker is the hardest position on the pitch to fill. Clubs that are selling fight to extract every last pound, so you don't tend to see a ton of moves for them early in the window. When you do, it's usually something like Haaland moving to City that was already lined up due to a release clause.

Think about it this way - we lined up a couple of solid loans elsewhere on the pitch early in the window, but we all know there's no way any club will sanction the loan of a striker in their squad before deadline day. They all know that if their main option gets hurt, they're going to want that third-choice player that's currently surplus to requirements.
I generally agree with you but see Simms, Broadhead, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.