Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports that because the Chelsea owner is also the owner of a Baseball team, he is trying to do a players plus cash deal for Gordon. I know the media love this stuff, but I cant see it myself, these days the clubs normally do separate deals and dont do player plus cash

Graeme Bailey has been discussing Chelsea’s interest in Anthony Gordon from Everton.

The Blues are very keen to sign Gordon, this summer, Bailey is reportedly that Todd Boehly could look to do an American-style trade deal for the attacker.
The journalist shared what he knows about this potential deal.

“I don’t think it’s a straight £45m, it’s also players that Lampard could get, he particularly likes Billy Gilmour, Ross Barkley is interesting. It’s an interesting one with Gordon, this could be a real Todd Boehly baseball-type trade deal here, we could see three or four Chelsea players involved in this,” Bailey said.

He lost me at Ross Barkley

It's gross mismanagement even forgetting dcl's injury not to have at least one forward in is shocking even by Everton's standard's
Agreed. We sold our talisman and top scorer last season after we just finished 16th and barely stayed a month and a half ago, still nobody to replace any of what he offered. Relying on our forward options even with DCL being fit was asking for trouble there wasn't enough goals in there, now there is zero. They think it's ok to let three games go by with no reinforcements? Putting the manager and squad under pressure from the start. I will also include Thelwell in this.

Mega fume if we spend £25 to 30m on Sarr whilst the Barcaodes get the far superior Joao Pedro for cheaper.
So many seem to think that because Pedro is Brazilian and plays for Watford he’s the next Richarlison. What’s he actually done? Whenever I’ve seen him he runs about a bit, but that’s about it.

Sarr is no world beater but he’d be my pick of the two by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.