Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d really like Maupay to be honest
He's a nuisance, but that's it. The amount of chances he misses in a team that creates a hatfull is criminal. And his poor goals return is augmented by taking penalties too.

We also have to factor in the fact that DCL may be perma-crocked, or not rediscover his form from 2 years ago. Signing Maupay puts us in major bother.

James Garner (Man Utd DM) - anyone actually seen him play?

We need a DM. Even if Onana spends most of his time there we will have to cover the inevitable injuries and suspensions. Is this kid a proper candidate?

£14m seems acceptable at his age, and is a fee that we could probably recoup by selling Allan or Gbamin. Plus if he underwhelms he'll still be young enough to get some cash back by selling.

Looked alright in the playoffs for forest, didn't realize he was only 21 and from united - seemed better than what united play there tbh ?

What's going on, surely this is bogus!?View attachment 178470
What? This would be daft from the club (unless of course the player is pushing to move). We've seen flashes of what Dele can do as a sub - play him regularly in his preferred position and let's see what he can do when given a run and real opportunity. Put him and Rondon up top and ditch the wingers - Gray and McNeil are pretty meh anyway and Gordon is off. We'd be daft to send him out on loan and if we do this has to be the most bizarre Everton transfer saga ever imo.

James Garner (Man Utd DM) - anyone actually seen him play?

We need a DM. Even if Onana spends most of his time there we will have to cover the inevitable injuries and suspensions. Is this kid a proper candidate?

£14m seems acceptable at his age, and is a fee that we could probably recoup by selling Allan or Gbamin. Plus if he underwhelms he'll still be young enough to get some cash back by selling.

For 14m I'd say he's excellent value though.

Yep. Saw him a lot in the Championship last year. A fantastic prospect. To such an extent that I genuinely can't believe Utd are considering selling him when their team is dross.

I posted a good compilation video of him a few pages back. He was the linchpin in my opinion of that Forest promotion side. The talk was that he would be brought into the fold this season an Utd, so Forest couldn't buy him permanently.

Tall lad, elegant on the ball, good vision, strong tackler, excellent set pieces. If he is actually available for £14m, we would be stupid to not try for him.

Reminds me a little bit of Barry and to a lesser extent Carrick. At least in the way he plays and his positioning / passing

Maupay and Adams really are the most bog standard of journeymen forwards.

Both improve us but very hard to get excited by the team if we sign them.

Garner, Gilmour, Onana. A midfield that can actually play football. Would’ve liked the experience of Gana but not at any substantial cost. The young lads would have Coady and Tarkowski in their ear holes all game anyway.

Personally think we should get both. Try our best to put Gomes, Davies and Allan out to pasture.

Then see what funds we have to maybe get a Gallagher (if we make a big sale etc). Then the midfield options would be Garner, Gana, Onana (??), Iwobi, Doucoure and Gallagher. What an upgrade that would be. Lots of options and power. And the ability to freshen up with the whole 5 sub rule. Could also try McNeil in there as, if he is going to play anywhere, it might be in more of a back up no 8.

If we were to sell Gordon and sign MGW too (not saying we will), you then have a forward who could play on the right of a front 3, as a false 9, or a no 8. Would give us some serious options.

Definitely need to sort the forward positions though ?

I would imagine that those could easily be brought in with transfer feee and wages amortised or whatever the word is based on the £50m from Gordon.

Based on my understanding, that is why we have Onana and McNeil quite long contracts because you divide the purchase price by the length of contract and that’s how much goes on the accounts for each year.

In theory, if we get £50m for Gordon we could spend £250m on fees and wages if we spread it across contracts of 5 years in length for every player we sign.

That’s my vague understanding of it all anyway

Told you this might take a while! ??

View attachment 178473

Onana box to box
Gana running around tackling everyone

I think we still need to go with a deeper midfielder like a Garner or Gilmour...and a more attack minded player like MGW/Gallagher.

Have some options then.

I undersrand why we want Gana and it makes perfect sense...but id rather we had gone for Garner.

Status
Not open for further replies.