Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the arguments for Maupay because I do think he’s an underrated and a pesky player, but I also can’t get over the fact that he’s being kept out of their XI by Danny Welbeck. Who I think is okay but can you imagine the FUME on here if we employed Welbs.

Irrelevant, it's because he's money in the bank for them/last year of deal and he won't sign his contract/is definitely leaving because of that.

My personality alone Bob would guarantee me 10 goals for starters. Having a chat with the centre halves "how's the missus Virgil, kids alright yeah, knee fully recovered"...then BOOM I've nutmegged the knobhead and slotted in front of the Kop giving them the old Sheedy signal.
There’s not enough 2 fingered salutes these days, you’d be a welcomed throw back to a better time….

I agree with the arguments for Maupay because I do think he’s an underrated and a pesky player, but I also can’t get over the fact that he’s being kept out of their XI by Danny Welbeck. Who I think is okay but can you imagine the FUME on here if we employed Welbs.
I haven't watched Brighton yet this season but given they sold two of their better players in the summer, has Potter change the set up? Just wondering whether that's why Welbeck may be starting over Maupay.

Irrelevant, it's because he's money in the bank for them/last year of deal and he won't sign his contract/is definitely leaving because of that.
I haven't watched Brighton yet this season but given they sold two of their better players in the summer, has Potter change the set up? Just wondering whether that's why Welbeck may be starting over Maupay.
Yeah it’s what he said ^ I forgot that but it looks like he’s running down his contract and doesn’t seem like Brighton like to mess around with players who do that. I think Welbeck is just starting until that Undav fella gets acclimated to the league. I wouldn’t be upset with Maupay as DCL cover as long we get in a better goal scorer as well. Basically how I feel about most of the strikers we’ve been linked to lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.