Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exactly amigo and when do you think that will be ?

It would be nice to see a plan.

Fully agree buddy, but we surely have to assume the management have now worked out how not to make losses of £100+ every year and so we will eventually start to operate in a more normal mode.

You could call that a plan maybe, although probably more an aspiration!

Incidentally it was reported yesterday by some 'financial expert' that the Onana funding came directly from Moshiri's pocket (approved by the PL).

I show that we doubled our money on that one and attached a 25% sell-on that eventually tripled the investment. Sounds like good business to me even if the player didn't work out here.
Wasn’t about that bud, it was about unearthing and finding talent

We did okay, same as the likes of Lookman and Onyakuru money wise, but the players have fell over somewhat and not the gems they were touted to be.

Afternoon all, here’s a snapshot of todays transfer news…..

Everton have loaned striker Nathan Broadhead to Championship side Wigan Athletic for the 2022-23 season. Broadhead, 24, joins the Latics having spent last season at Sunderland, where he scored 13 goals in 27 games to win promotion alongside Wigan.

After spending the last campaign on loan with Burton, Daniel Jebbison could be about to swap the Championship for the Premier League this summer window. That’s because Everton are considering a bid for the striker this window according to Football League World’s exclusive sources. It appears the Toffees want a forward who can play both now and in the future for the Toffees too

Nottingham Forest are reportedly preparing a club-record bid to sign Everton target and Wolves attacking midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White. According to the Mirror (August 10, page 54), the newly-promoted Premier League side will be willing to part ways with £30million to sign the 22-year-old.

Everton are reportedly interested in Coventry City striker Viktor Gyokeres. Frank Lampard’s Everton are said to be considering a move for Coventry City and Sweden striker Gyokeres, after seeing Richarlison leave for Spurs earlier in the summer, and Dominic Calvert-Lewin pick up an injury

There’s been no clear indication of the amount that Coventry City would demand for Gyokeres, but a report from Turkish outlet Fotomac (via CoventryLive) back in June revealed that, when Besiktas had enquired about Gyokeres, they were quoted a price tag of around £9million.

However

A despite reports suggesting there have been talks with the Toffees over a potential deal. These claims were picked up by FotbollDirekt, relayed by MSN, and they give their own take on the reports linking the 24-year-old to Everton.

FotbollDirekt state ‘reliable sources’ have refuted claims of talks with the Merseyside club for the Coventry City star. They further add there are ‘no negotiations with any club right now’ for Gyökeres

Many Wolves fans are still shocked that Conor Coady has left Molineux to join Everton on loan – and the option to buy clause has now been revealed. The Express & Star say it is thought the clause is worth about £12 million. The Toffees can apparently exercise this option at any time during the season, and Coady would then become a permanent Everton player in the summer of 2023.

Due to this clause, there is no option for Wolves to recall their captain this season.

Everton are reportedly battling a whole host of clubs in the race to sign Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi in a move that would reunite him with Frank Lampard – and the Everton boss once said he thinks he can become “world class”. Reports state that the likes of Everton, West Ham, Newcastle, Crystal Palace and more want to land the £120,000-a-week winger. Hudson-Odoi is said to be keen on a Chelsea exit in order to improve his game time.

Juventus are reportedly working on handing Memphis Depay a two-year contract, with Everton losing some serious ground in the race to sign the FC Barcelona attacker. According to Fabrizio Romano on Twitter, the Italian giants are eager to bring the Netherlands international to Turin this summer, though Barcelona must first look to terminate Depay’s contract if Juventus are to sign the former Manchester United attacker in the coming weeks.

Everton are set to make a move for a striker this week as the Toffees look to rectify their forward issues according to journalist Dean Jones.

Jones told GIVEMESPORT on Tuesday 9 August: “I know that they are definitely exploring this at moment [sic].

“I mean they’re looking at loads of stuff at the moment, to be honest with you.

“The squad has been so short of the quality that’s needed to even survive in this division, let alone do anything.

“They played okay at the weekend but they still just lacked that cutting edge, so I think this week we’ll see them make some moves in the market in terms of a striker.”

26E0E835-0DFC-41F7-B8F2-3055812389A7.png

No but generally you know where a footballer is at with their level by this point.

Bit of an odd one, no issue with looking for tlaent lower league, just not sure i buy into this one if its hes going to be first back up to DCL.

BUT we are where we are with money so beggars cant be choosers.

I'm not sure about that to be honest. Cahill was 24 when we signed him, Jagielka 25 etc. Some players improve at different rates. Brighton brought him in but never played him for one reason or another, always sending him out on loan. Only turned 24 in June too.

He is a Swedish international (not that caps mean much these days) so hopefully has something about him.

I suppose you just never know, most of us thought Sandro would be boss etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.