Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we went from six points from eight to 15 from eight either side of it, to reinforce my own memories of him being garbage.

I dont think it was down to Bolasie getting injured.

I havent done it, but would imagine our PPG before and after that United game were quite similar across the season.

I dont think it was down to Bolasie getting injured.

I havent done it, but would imagine our PPG before and after that United game were quite similar across the season.
It was the standard play well in between two derby defeats, and then sneak into seventh when nobody's looking.

One last little slice of Moyes before going back to the '90s.

Can u ask it in a different language.
You keep asking it who's gonna answer like ?
But certain posters are telling me it's fine but I see a team that just finished 16th with very few goals in it, that has sold one goal scorer and another is injured. It's absolutely abysmal. Rondon is not a backup he's finished. Gray and Gordon may get four or five then we are looking at Alli.

Personally think given our financial situation and the fact the DCL ended last season healthy it is perfectly understandable that we didn't rush out to buy a striker. Yes I'd prefer if Rondon wasn't the backup but it is one of those times you have to lie in the bed you made and he was going to be in the squad this year.
Succession is something the club has to get better at. Objectively Dom is likely here for another year (any more than that you could actually suggests is poor business in relation to his value). This year you get in a 15 million range prospect with a year of development, brought in and hopefully be an in-house replacement or one of a committee, oppose to then reinvesting 2/3rds of Dom's return at the most premium position that would have to have an immediate impact.

DCL is logically going to be gone a year from now. Not leveraging that fact with the ability to bring in a bit of a rawer/cheaper prospect, while also factoring the injury risk and drop in goals in our squad I think would be foolish.

Succession is something the club has to get better at. Objectively Dom is likely here for another year (any more than that you could actually suggests is poor business in relation to his value). This year you get in a 15 million range prospect with a year of development, brought in and hopefully be an in-house replacement or one of a committee, oppose to then reinvesting 2/3rds of Dom's return at the most premium position that would have to have an immediate impact.

DCL is logically going to be gone a year from now. Not leveraging that fact with the ability to bring in a bit of a rawer/cheaper prospect, while also factoring the injury risk and drop in goals in our squad I think would be foolish.
Agree. We should have been looking for a striker we could mould and bring in earlier. Rondon isn't up to standard I pointed out there was a reason he was in China when he was brought in.

Then don't keep asking others for assurance then
It's not assurance its a question about the squad. We scored forty odd goals last season finished 16th and survived by the skin of our teeth and then sold our talisman and top scorer didn't bring anyone comparable in and put all our eggs in the basket of a injury prone striker. Its not fair on him and shockingly poor squad building. They can make the excuses about finances but those same people are the reason we are in this mess. We won't move forward with these clowns in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.