Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gbamin pictured at the airport this morning... hopefully that signals a move done.

Gutted it never worked out for him here, as he definitely had the talent. Awful luck but best for all to move on.
In the end, we can't let sentiment rule over us. He's been here for three years, made a total of eight appearances and has regressed as a footballer.

We need to accept we're going to not get the £25m back we spent on him, so it's time to move him on and spend all or some of his wages elsewhere.

Even with two or three additional signings, I think the club will be wanting to shed at least one, ideally two, from the squad.

I think we've got to accept that this year we're not going to have the bloated but inefficient squad we had last year and beyond - prudence is key.

For me, it is essential that we bring in a midfielder (Gueye or whoever) and someone who'll offer goals, be that a traditional centre forward or a Cornet style.

If you analyse the squad over the last few years mate, we've had an incredible amount of players and no options and its really hurt us. We got hit with a number of key injuries last season and it almost sunk us.

At times we have had 36 players on our first team books and really only had 14 -15 live options. We know about the waste.

But imagine the strength we could have in competing.

If we can turn some of those squad places into actual live options it will improve us no end and make us so much more competitive.

I mean just a breif example would be:

Gylfi - McNeill

Tosun - Corent

Delph - Gilmour.

We got 12 games out of the three leaving for nothing this summer and 11 were Delph and im being generous calling them games as most werent 90 mins, they cost the club £29 million last year - for those 12 games. If we turn those squad places into live options for the team - we improve. I could go on with more examples.

How we actually stayed up is beyond me.

They’re out there and they don’t all cost loads. Sure the ones that bag 20 will but this player just needs to be a backup.
Rondon says hi!! I just think a striker who is going to score 10-15 goals a season is about 20m+ and I’m not sure we have that kind of money

Gbamin pictured at the airport this morning... hopefully that signals a move done.

Gutted it never worked out for him here, as he definitely had the talent. Awful luck but best for all to move on.
Yep time to move on.

Must be close to another incoming , its the area that needs it most.

Gana or Gilmour ( or both ) would do me.

Still extremely light in the middle.

Untitled.png

Rondon says hi!! I just think a striker who is going to score 10-15 goals a season is about 20m+ and I’m not sure we have that kind of money
It's about downpayments though.

Not saying they definitely would be... but let's say Chelsea would be happy to take £25m total for Broja, but that they'd also be fine with having that split over a 5-year contract - so £5m a year. That suddenly makes a £25m fee very attainable for us.

But if, like Wolves did/do for Gibbs-White, they want £15m up front and then the rest over the contract, it makes things a lot harder.

It's about downpayments though.

Not saying they definitely would be... but let's say Chelsea would be happy to take £25m total for Broja, but that they'd also be fine with having that split over a 5-year contract - so £5m a year. That suddenly makes a £25m fee very attainable for us.

But if, like Wolves did/do for Gibbs-White, they want £15m up front and then the rest over the contract, it makes things a lot harder.
Didn’t Chelsea reject 30m form west game for Borja, so I can’t imagine they will accept 25m

I agree but I think it comes down to being realistic in terms of what we can afford
I think that’s why the McNeil deal seemed odd to a lot of people, it’s not that he’s not good in his own right but most people assumed we’d bring in someone who could play across the front to maximise the budget. Now that we’ve not done that I agree with nymzee that we don’t really need another player like that or we’ll be overloaded in the wide positions, so an out and out striker makes more sense.

It’s likely to be someone on loan I would imagine, possibly whichever one of broja and batshuayi we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.