Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 players managed 14+ goals last season.

2 were at Tottenham. 3 at Liverpool. 1 at man united. 1 at man city. 1 at Leicester who is unlikely to repeat it. And the other at Palace who is the outlier and he has been there for years.

Relegation battling teams don't just sign 14/15 goal a season forwards. It's an unrealistic expectation. With service, DCL has shown he can do it though, maybe get behind him.

We do need a backup for him, but we aren't signing a 14/15 goal a season striker.
Well we cant rely on a part time attacker like Calvert-Lewin who plays when he wants.

You need to stop judging him solely on last season when he unfortunately had various injuries.

When the previous 2 seasons he played 35 and 36 games and managed 13 and 16 goals.
0.27 goals per match. That's his career PL record.

No idea if this fella is reliable seems to be a Chelsea podcaster.

Does that mean to us I wonder or just from Chelsea in general? He might just be saying they’re both being sold, we’re only guessing it’s both to us.

I’d definitely take it though, legitimately even if it was a pay for Gilmour but you have to take Barkley as well deal. Gilmour would start for us and be massive for the future on a permanent, Barkley can sit on the bench and be a squad player, which in fairness we do need. Would hopefully leave us open to end up loaning Gana and Cornet or Broja too.

If we finished the window with Tarkowski, Vinagre, McNeil, Gilmour, Barkley and most likely Gana and Cornet on loan to buy next year all whilst the only loss in terms of contributing players is Richy that’d be a really good window in my book and would add massive balance and quality to the squad which have both been needed for a long time.

Does that mean to us I wonder or just from Chelsea in general? He might just be saying they’re both being sold, we’re only guessing it’s both to us.

I’d definitely take it though, legitimately even if it was a pay for Gilmour but you have to take Barkley as well deal. Gilmour would start for us and be massive for the future on a permanent, Barkley can sit on the bench and be a squad player, which in fairness we do need. Would hopefully leave us open to end up loaning Gana and Cornet or Broja too.

If we finished the window with Tarkowski, Vinagre, McNeil, Gilmour, Barkley and most likely Gana and Cornet on loan to buy next year all whilst the only loss in terms of contributing players is Richy that’d be a really good window in my book and would add massive balance and quality to the squad which have both been needed for a long time.
Yeah, he doesn't appear to say in talks with us. I'd be disappointed though if we ended up signing Barkley but not Gilmour.

Yeah, he doesn't appear to say in talks with us. I'd be disappointed though if we ended up signing Barkley but not Gilmour.
Yeah Gilmour should’ve honestly been a target from the day Lampard got in the door. Has massive potential and doesn’t seem too rated at Chelsea anymore after a poor season in a poor side. Think it’s a safe bet to say his value will never be lower and the fact that Lampard was the one that he burst onto the scene with probably means they’ve got a good connection already.

No brainier signing, then again the leadership at the club haven’t shown themselves to have much of a brain in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.