Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, based on current rumors....if we sign Vinagre for cover on loan-to-buy, pay 25m for Guido Rodriguez at DM, buy Cornet for 15m, buy Dennis or similar striker for 15m, get a CM and a CB on loan for cover, and then move on Holgate and Gomes, how would you view the transfer window and odds for the season? We would have a negative spend for the window.
We won't sign Cornet if we sign Vinagre imo. We certainly won't sign Vinagre, Cornet and Dennis, even if we manage to raise more budget from outgoings. Too many players for the same side.

We need at least one player who is either a good ball carrier or a good passer (preferably both), even if we sign a DM and a decent forward as we need to be able to control games.

My guess is we will sign Barkley ???? and Gilmour from Chelsea after we have played them. I still hold out a faint hope for MGW if we can raise more money, as he can play as an 8 or on the right side of a front 3.

It’s a vicious circle really given our position that these are the type of players we are it looking at and being linked with others such as Dennis, Barkley etc. It’s all so boring and underwhelming but that’s more to do with my frustration at the state of the club.
hopefully it's a sign that whilst we will bring in bodies to cover areas, actual money will be spent on strengthening the key weaknesses in the team. For me, as underwhelming as it is it's all about staying in the league at any costs and and getting to Bramley Moore.

hopefully it's a sign that whilst we will bring in bodies to cover areas, actual money will be spent on strengthening the key weaknesses in the team. For me, as underwhelming as it is it's all about staying in the league at any costs and and getting to Bramley Moore.

Fair point. I’m just angry it’s once again come to this situation, I’m so tired and bored with it all now it’s more out of habit than enthusiasm that I talk about the club .

Looks like it is done.

Its amazing that our DOF is addressing the key areas of our side which need strengthening, and totally ignoring the unimportant areas of CM, wide players and additional strikers.

LB/LWB is absolutely a position we need more players in.

Totally get we need 2 players for that position - but really, we should be prioritising things correctly. Its like everyone in the world can see our week spots, but the club have a dart board throwing at any position but what we need.
You have no idea which positions are being treated as priority mate. Just because this deal has been easy to do, relatively speaking, it’s being done first. That doesn’t make it top priority, it just makes it one fewer obstacle when going after those that are.

Loan, he's cover, not arsed.
Loan with option is really only upside for the borrowing club so it’s sensible business. A year working with Cole could really bring him on and make the option fee a bargain, if not thanks for your time and have a nice career.

Good equivalent is Jota at Celtic- surplus at Benfica, went on loan with 7m option, did really well and Celtic were falling over themselves to trigger the option. They could’ve probably doubled their money the next day.

So, based on current rumors....if we sign Vinagre for cover on loan-to-buy, pay 25m for Guido Rodriguez at DM, buy Cornet for 15m, buy Dennis or similar striker for 15m, get a CM and a CB on loan for cover, and then move on Holgate and Gomes, how would you view the transfer window and odds for the season? We would have a negative spend for the window.
Going off links and reports it looks like

Winks or Gilmour on Loan
Cornet or Dennis - 17- 20
Broja on loan
Onana/Rodriguez - 25-35
Vinagre on loan

I think the above would improve on last years swuad and would keep us out of the danger zone and we could even sneak into the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.